Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Poor color in Windows Media PLayer

Re: Poor color in Windows Media PLayer

Evan Platt

On Mon, 11 May 2009 08:16:48 -0500, The Old Sourdough
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>He can't. Now watch him backpedal.

No, he can't. And he's stopped backpedalling, and often just
dissapears from a thread, much like richard is now doing when he's
proved wrong.

I swear, they're related.

I dub him chuckcar the st00pid.

chuckcar

VanguardLH <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:gu8rit$gm3$(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:gu7r9r$m7e$(E-Mail Removed):

>>> I was warning the OP against *your* "advice".

>> Nullshit, and not necessary, despite what some idiots here think. The
>> problem *is* people who can't live with being wrong when they accuse
>> other people of the same. Besides, I specifically *asked* if pictures
>> displayed correctly. the problem *does* happen with other applications
>> for movies as the OP specifically stated, contradicting your point.

> When did WMP become applicationS (plural)? That's the only application
> the OP has reported som problem with color (but wasn't specific to the
> problem other than to note colors are darker than expected by saying red
> looked like maroon). So far, the OP has mentioned only 1 - that's ONE -
> application with which there is a color problem and that was WMP. The
> OP specifically said colors were GOOD in a DivX video player, plus there
> was no mention of color problems in the OS itself for its GUI.
>
> Please show which statements were made by the OP that indicated more
> than one application (WMP) had a color problem.

You didn't even read the OP did you?

Quoted verbatim below:

Recently, within the last month I have been getting poor color when
watching any AVI attachments in email I receive, or any AVI files I have
downloaded on my computer when viewing them on Microsoft Media Player (a
program I never had any problems with in the past). I downloaded the Newer
Microsoft Media Player 11, and I am still getting poor color. I have
burned these same files to a DVD disk and they play fine on my DVD player
when viewed on the TV. If I viewed these same files on my computer using
DivX Player 7.1.0 the color is good, but the standard display is quite
small on my screen. If I enlarge the picture, the motion becomes very
choppy. I would much rather use MS media player as I have in the past.

If you *still* missed it "Divx Player 7.1.0" was the other one.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Mon, 11 May 2009 11:43:44 -0500, The Old Sourdough
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In which application the OP stated the color was GOOD...
>So where's the other one?

Chucktard the St00pid has the reading comprehension ability of a 4
year old donkey.

VanguardLH

chuckcar wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>>
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>>
>>> ... the problem *does* happen with other applications for movies as
>>> the OP specifically stated, contradicting your point.

>> The OP specifically said colors were GOOD in a DivX video player,
>> plus there was no mention of color problems in the OS itself for its
>> GUI.

> You didn't even read the OP did you?
>
> "... If I viewed these same files on my computer using
> DivX Player 7.1.0 the color is good, ..."
>
> If you *still* missed it "Divx Player 7.1.0" was the other one.

Oh, good means bad, uh huh, right. You're wrong again.
When that alarm goes off, you're supposed to take your meds.