Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Can't Update AVG Free Version

Re: Can't Update AVG Free Version

Bucky Breeder

"DemoDisk" <(E-Mail Removed)> perpetrated this via
news:saidnaUUfuQbnJjXnZ2dnUVZ_g2dnZ2d@yournetplus. com:

> AVG warns me that the "internal virus database is out of date." At the
> bottom of the AVG screen is this: "Internal Virus Database version is
> 270.12.11/2089 and was released on 4/30/09 (9 days ago). Database update
> is recommended."
>
> When I do check for updates, it says "Your AVG Free program already has
> the latest updates installed and is fully up-to-date."
>
> Please tell me what's going on with this situation!
>
> My thanks to the helpdesk.
> JPM

Sometimes - for whateva reazon(s) - AVG Free will simply refuse to update.
Could be conflicts; could be a malware attack botched by AVG yet AVG
became a causality... could be you could spend hours in AVG's forums
and eventually find the appropriate fix for it; yet, I found the most
efficacious method is to go download AVG's latest free version to
[desktop] as a precaution then reboot the PC. Sometimes the reboot
will "fix" the AVG update issues (likely registering some system file)
but in the event it does not, simply uninstall the broke AVG, and
reinstall a fresh new model. Several reboots between steps, and
voila! you're good 'til AVG screws the pooch again.

--

I am Bucky Breeder,(*(^; , and *NO*, that is *NOT* "a snake in my
pocket;" and, *NO*, I am *NOT* the Octomom's baby-daddy!

Pay your all taxes so we can fly Air Force One NOE over NYC :

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/.../hopenosis.gif