Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Where to buy C90 and C95 standards

Where to buy C90 and C95 standards

Ioannis Vranos

I have found these:

C90: http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store...=stds000005269

C95: http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store...=isoc000767513

--
Ioannis A. Vranos

C95 / C++03 Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net

Keith Thompson

Ioannis Vranos <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I have found these:
>

> C90: http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store...=stds000005269
>
> C95: http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store...=isoc000767513

Cool, thanks for posting that.

Some notes:

The C95 document is just the amendment; it's not the full standard.
If you want the C95 standard, you'll need to buy both.

The prices for the PDF versions are $111.81 and $56.21, respectively.
I think that's in Australian dollars; the Australian dollar is
currently about $0.76 US, 0.56 Euro, 0.50 UK Pound.

If these are the same documents I have, they're legible but the PDF is
not nearly as good as the more recent versions (C99 and drafts). My
copies were generated by scanning a hard copy. You can still search
and copy-and-paste, but you'll get a lot of errors (commas tend to
appear as periods, for example).

Nokia

Ioannis Vranos

Keith Thompson wrote:
> Ioannis Vranos <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> I have found these:
>>

>> C90: http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store...=stds000005269
>>
>> C95: http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store...=isoc000767513

> Cool, thanks for posting that.
>
> Some notes:
>
> The C95 document is just the amendment; it's not the full standard.
> If you want the C95 standard, you'll need to buy both.
>
> The prices for the PDF versions are $111.81 and $56.21, respectively.
> I think that's in Australian dollars; the Australian dollar is
> currently about $0.76 US, 0.56 Euro, 0.50 UK Pound.
>
> If these are the same documents I have, they're legible but the PDF is
> not nearly as good as the more recent versions (C99 and drafts). My
> copies were generated by scanning a hard copy. You can still search
> and copy-and-paste, but you'll get a lot of errors (commas tend to
> appear as periods, for example).

The prices show up in Euros to me:

AS 3955-1991
Programming languages - C PDF: 86.21 Hardcopy: 95.79

ISO/IEC 9899:1990/Amd 1:1995
Programming languages - C; Amendment 1: C integrity PDF: 43.34 Hardcopy: 48.16

--
Ioannis A. Vranos

C95 / C++03 Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net

Keith Thompson

Ioannis Vranos <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
[...]
> The prices show up in Euros to me:

The web server probably sees where you're coming from.

> AS 3955-1991
> Programming languages - C PDF: 86.21 Hardcopy: 95.79
>

> ISO/IEC 9899:1990/Amd 1:1995
> Programming languages - C; Amendment 1: C integrity PDF: 43.34 Hardcopy: 48.16

My newsreader doesn't display the euro signs correctly, at least not
in my current environment. For example, it shows the price of the C90
PDF as \20086.21, which is a bit scary until you realize that the \200
is probably supposed to be a euro sign. (Hmm, you're using
windows-1252, so it might look funny to others as well.)

Nokia

CBFalconer

Keith Thompson wrote:

.... snip ...

> My newsreader doesn't display the euro signs correctly, at least
> not in my current environment. For example, it shows the price of
> the C90 PDF as \20086.21, which is a bit scary until you realize
> that the \200 is probably supposed to be a euro sign. (Hmm, you're
> using windows-1252, so it might look funny to others as well.)

My reader is dated Aug 00 (Netscape 4.75), and shows the Euro sign
without any difficulty. Was that before the Euro was actually
implemented?

Try the download section.

Ioannis Vranos

Keith Thompson wrote:
> Ioannis Vranos <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> [...]
>> The prices show up in Euros to me:

> The web server probably sees where you're coming from.
>
>> AS 3955-1991
>> Programming languages - C PDF: 86.21 Hardcopy: 95.79
>>

>> ISO/IEC 9899:1990/Amd 1:1995
>> Programming languages - C; Amendment 1: C integrity PDF: 43.34 Hardcopy: 48.16

> My newsreader doesn't display the euro signs correctly, at least not
> in my current environment. For example, it shows the price of the C90
> PDF as \20086.21, which is a bit scary until you realize that the \200
> is probably supposed to be a euro sign. (Hmm, you're using
> windows-1252, so it might look funny to others as well.)

I used the default encoding Western (ISO-8859-1), which is the default setting of the latest version of
Thunderbird, which I am using.

Try switching to this encoding manually, this may work. Unless you are using Windows 95 or something.

--
Ioannis A. Vranos

C95 / C++03 Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net

Ioannis Vranos

For those who can't display the Euro sign:

--
Ioannis A. Vranos

C95 / C++03 Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net

Ben Bacarisse

Ioannis Vranos <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I used the default encoding Western (ISO-8859-1), which is the default
> setting of the latest version of Thunderbird, which I am using.

FYI both the original Euro-containing message and the one I am relying
to now say:

in the header (which my newsreader is quite happy with BTW).

--
Ben.

Richard Tobin

In article <gu698j$v2a$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ioannis Vranos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I used the default encoding Western (ISO-8859-1)

No you didn't. Your posts have the header:

and the euro symbol does not exist in ISO-8859-1.

-- Richard

Ioannis Vranos

Richard Tobin wrote:
> In article <gu698j$v2a$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Ioannis Vranos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I used the default encoding Western (ISO-8859-1)

> No you didn't. Your posts have the header:

> and the euro symbol does not exist in ISO-8859-1.
>
> -- Richard

Yes, you are both right. I checked the headers of my messages in this thread, and it appears that for the
messages without the Euro sign, the default ISO-8859-1 was used, while for the messages containing the Euro
sign, apparently Thunderbird auto-switched the encoding to windows-1252.

Yes, I knew that ISO-8859-1 (Latin 1) doesn't contain the Euro sign, ASCII too.

--
Ioannis A. Vranos

C95 / C++03 Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net