Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > windows 7

windows 7

trueone

downloaded win7. impressed by the install on toshiba laptop with ati x1200
card and atheros modem. all drivers installed. also have a epson tx700w
printer that wouldnt work on beta but was found on this rc and drivers
installed. The printer is wireless. Media player played divx with no
other downloads.
I dont like the new windows media player with out classic menus. All
installed in 1 hour up and running. with vista takes around 4 to 5 hours
to get same functionality by time all drivers installed.
BUT I dont think I will buy it.
Windows 98 and ME to windows xp worth it for progress.
I felt windows xp to Vista is worth it for the progress.
Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth it.
Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would reccommend wait
and go to windows 7.

Malcolm

On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:20:23 +1200
"trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> downloaded win7. impressed by the install on toshiba laptop with ati
> x1200 card and atheros modem. all drivers installed. also have a
> epson tx700w printer that wouldnt work on beta but was found on this
> rc and drivers installed. The printer is wireless. Media player
> played divx with no other downloads.
> I dont like the new windows media player with out classic menus. All
> installed in 1 hour up and running. with vista takes around 4 to 5
> hours to get same functionality by time all drivers installed.
> BUT I dont think I will buy it.
> Windows 98 and ME to windows xp worth it for progress.
> I felt windows xp to Vista is worth it for the progress.
> Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth
> it. Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would
> reccommend wait and go to windows 7.

Hi
Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
though They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.

More here;
<http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=s oftware_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=6 3&intsrc=kc_top>

--
Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae

trueone

"Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:20:23 +1200
> "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> downloaded win7. impressed by the install on toshiba laptop with ati
>> x1200 card and atheros modem. all drivers installed. also have a
>> epson tx700w printer that wouldnt work on beta but was found on this
>> rc and drivers installed. The printer is wireless. Media player
>> played divx with no other downloads.
>> I dont like the new windows media player with out classic menus. All
>> installed in 1 hour up and running. with vista takes around 4 to 5
>> hours to get same functionality by time all drivers installed.
>> BUT I dont think I will buy it.
>> Windows 98 and ME to windows xp worth it for progress.
>> I felt windows xp to Vista is worth it for the progress.
>> Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth
>> it. Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would
>> reccommend wait and go to windows 7.
>>

> Hi
> Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
> though They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
> installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.
>
> More here;
> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=s oftware_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=6 3&intsrc=kc_top>
>
> --
> Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
> openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
> up 0:37, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.13, 0.10
> ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

Squiggle

trueone wrote:

> "Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 9 May 2009 22:20:23 +1200
>> "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> downloaded win7. impressed by the install on toshiba laptop with ati
>>> x1200 card and atheros modem. all drivers installed. also have a
>>> epson tx700w printer that wouldnt work on beta but was found on this
>>> rc and drivers installed. The printer is wireless. Media player
>>> played divx with no other downloads.
>>> I dont like the new windows media player with out classic menus. All
>>> installed in 1 hour up and running. with vista takes around 4 to 5
>>> hours to get same functionality by time all drivers installed.
>>> BUT I dont think I will buy it.
>>> Windows 98 and ME to windows xp worth it for progress.
>>> I felt windows xp to Vista is worth it for the progress.
>>> Windows Vista to windows 7. for me not much of upgrade to be worth
>>> it. Someone running xp and thinking of going to vista, I would
>>> reccommend wait and go to windows 7.
>>>

>> Hi
>> Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
>> though They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
>> installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.
>>
>> More here;
>> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=s oftware_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=6 3&intsrc=kc_top>
>>

>> --
>> Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
>> openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
>> up 0:37, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.13, 0.10
>> ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

> yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

shssh, dont say that, you'll just get LDO going again..

Malcolm

On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:19:16 +1200
Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
<snip>

> > yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows
> > 7.

> shssh, dont say that, you'll just get LDO going again..

Maybe LDO should change his nick to Mission, then Mission and
Impossible can live in harmony?

--
Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-default

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gu4l0i$knd$(E-Mail Removed)>, trueone wrote:

> yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

Which edition?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <HrpNl.363587$(E-Mail Removed)1.easynews.com>, Trueone
wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:gu55k9$uba$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In message <gu4l0i$knd$(E-Mail Removed)>, trueone wrote:
>>
>>> yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

>> Which edition?

> Vista stripped down as in PCUSER mag worked well when I tried it

Which edition?

Cima

On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:19:16 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>trueone wrote:
>>
>> "Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Hi
>>> Even works well on this netbook. I see there is a critical patch
>>> though They recommend a re-install, but only had AVG and Firefox
>>> installed. So just did a re-install of those applications.
>>>
>>> More here;
>>> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=s oftware_development&articleId=9132738&taxonomyId=6 3&intsrc=kc_top>
>>>

>>> --
>>> Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
>>> openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
>>> up 0:37, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.13, 0.10
>>> ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

>> yeah, i am thinking of ditching XP on my netbook and put on windows 7.

>shssh, dont say that, you'll just get LDO going again..

Does he ever stop?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Cima wrote:

> Does he ever stop?

I'm powered by Open Source baby, so I don't need activation, don't need
reactivation, and my licence never expires.

And my Advantage really is Genuine, no marketing bullshit about it.

Jack Spratt

news:gu5d6k$2v5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Cima wrote:
>
>> Does he ever stop?

> I'm powered by Open Source baby, so I don't need activation, don't need
> reactivation, and my licence never expires.
>
> And my Advantage really is Genuine, no marketing bullshit about it.

Shame you look like a camel's arse otherwise some might think you a catch