Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't share files with TKIP

Can't share files with TKIP

Rich D

Hello,

I have two laptops which used WPA-PSK AES and everthing worked fine; i.e.,
internet access, file sharing, pinging, VNC. I switch wireless security to
WPA-PSK TKIP, in order to accomodate a wireless print server which does not
support AES. Now that I am using TKIP, I still have internet access,
pinging, VNC. However, I cannot share files at all with the two laptops.
If I switch back to AES, I can share files again.

It appears to me to be a configuration issue, but I have no idea where to
look. Google searches have not been helpful, or maybe I am searching for
the wrong thing.

Any suggestions or comments from anyone familiar with these issues would be
welcome.

Thanks,
Rich