Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless N Adapter

Wireless N Adapter

ndkco

After installing the new adapter on my laptop, it shows its there and it
recognizes the network, but it only connects on the old adapter. I tried
disableing it but lost all internet connection. How can I set it up so that
it reads the proper connection. Thanks Neil

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
If you disable the old Adapter and the new Adapter is Not picking the
connection it means that its installation is not Valid.
Make sure that you have the latest drivers for the OS, Uninstall the
adapter, Reinstall with the most recent drivers.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"ndkco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After installing the new adapter on my laptop, it shows its there and it
> recognizes the network, but it only connects on the old adapter. I tried
> disableing it but lost all internet connection. How can I set it up so
> that
> it reads the proper connection. Thanks Neil

ndkco

Hi Jack

I know how to disable the internet connection but not sure about the
wireless card. I'll play around and try to find out . Will let you know.
Thanks Neil

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:

> Hi
> If you disable the old Adapter and the new Adapter is Not picking the
> connection it means that its installation is not Valid.
> Make sure that you have the latest drivers for the OS, Uninstall the
> adapter, Reinstall with the most recent drivers.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "ndkco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > After installing the new adapter on my laptop, it shows its there and it
> > recognizes the network, but it only connects on the old adapter. I tried
> > disableing it but lost all internet connection. How can I set it up so
> > that
> > it reads the proper connection. Thanks Neil

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Installed devices can be disabled by going to the Device Manager, Right
Click on the device entry, and click Disable.
Enabling is a similar process.
http://www.ezlan.net/network/GhostNIC.jpg