Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SQL DTS from webserver .dll?

SQL DTS from webserver .dll?

Simple Simon

Hi,
Is it possible to make a DTS on a SQL server, save the DTS package,
transfer the package to a Web Server, and run the package using a SQL
DLL and ASP.NET instead of using a SQL Server to run the package?

Is there a DLL I can reference from ASP.NET that will allow me to run
the DTS with SQL Server?

~Gordon

S. Justin Gengo

Simon,

I solved this problem, but it was complex.

Instead of moving the package I figured out how to use a serviced component
to fire a dts package on any of our sql servers.

I've placed sample code for how I did it on my website,
www.aboutfortunate.com. Just go to the code library and use the search box
there to find it. Search for "DTS package" or something similar and you'll
find the sample code.

If you have any questions about getting it to work feel free to email me.
(Anyone)

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

"Simple Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Is it possible to make a DTS on a SQL server, save the DTS package,
> transfer the package to a Web Server, and run the package using a SQL
> DLL and ASP.NET instead of using a SQL Server to run the package?
>
> Is there a DLL I can reference from ASP.NET that will allow me to run
> the DTS with SQL Server?
>
> ~Gordon

Simple Simon

Great, thanks for the info...