Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > MoBo Makers are %^&*()

MoBo Makers are %^&*()

Woger

Yes they don't support the Update of Firmware for added peripherals, they
seems to stop long before the Chip maker does.

Seen many posts regarding hacking the Bios to add the Bug free Firmware..

Even my MoMo Gigabyte has two Chips, a Silicon Image SATA controller and a
ITE IDE Controller..

Both have much later firmware, but no simple was to update your Bios..

Do any of the new MoBos have a feature that lets you update firmware..?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Woger wrote:

> Do any of the new MoBos have a feature that lets you update firmware..?

<http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards>

Woger

On Thu, 07 May 2009 18:38:49 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Woger wrote:
>
>> Do any of the new MoBos have a feature that lets you update firmware..?

><http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards>

What is this, seems to be mostly AMD...??

Plus it seems its a add on not part of the MoBo..