Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IE offline

IE offline

Robert Scheer

Hi.

When IE is offline and I try to create a new web application, I
receive an error that says that I need IE online in order to create
the new application. What is the relationship of IE and .net in this
case?

Thanks,
Robert Scheer

S. Justin Gengo

Robert,

What do you mean by IE is offline? How do you set Internet Explorer to be
"Offline"?

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

"Robert Scheer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi.
>
> When IE is offline and I try to create a new web application, I
> receive an error that says that I need IE online in order to create
> the new application. What is the relationship of IE and .net in this
> case?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Scheer

S. Justin Gengo

Robert,

That makes sense.

..Net's debugger and other processes attach to the web server (your local web
server when you're creating a project) through IE. If IE is working offline
then it doesn't try to contact a web server (even the local one) and, of
course, how can you create a project if you can't talk to the web server the
project is on?

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

"Robert Scheer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi Justin.
>
> If I click the 'File - Work Offline' option in IE, vs.net avoids me to
> create new web applications. As soon as I uncheck this option in IE,
> vs.net does not gives me this error anymore. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Scheer

news:<umw#(E-Mail Removed)>...