Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > Unable to open the jpeg image

Unable to open the jpeg image

SHELLY SHELLY is offline
Junior Member

Hi I have a jpeg image file which i am unable to open. when i try to open to windows picture gallery it gives an error - "Photo Gallery cant open this photo. This file format is not supported, or you don have latest update to the photo gallery." no matter what software i try to open it i m not able to. can you provide me your email id so that i can share the picture as i m not able to attach it here due to the size. i am nt able to resize it as well.

this photo when i took from my sony camera it just showed file error when we went to photo view section. Please let me knw if you could help.

lifetweaker lifetweaker is offline
Junior Member

You can try changing it from jpeg to something like bitmap. To do this I recommend zamzar (zamzar.com)

SHELLY SHELLY is offline
Junior Member

I am unable to convert it to bitmap format. thats not given in the options when i tried the in ZOMZAR.

lifetweaker lifetweaker is offline
Junior Member

In zamzar it's called, "bmp"

SHELLY SHELLY is offline
Junior Member

i tried to convert..but they are also not able to convert...

lifetweaker lifetweaker is offline
Junior Member

It is possible that your image is corrupted. Try opening it with another image viewer (right click on the image select > properties. On the general tab look for 'opens with' and select, change.)

Open it with paint, if that doesn't work choose from another image viewer from the list.

Last edited by lifetweaker; 05-08-2009 at 10:23 PM..

kris20 kris20 is offline
Junior Member

[QUOTE=SHELLY]Hi I have a jpeg image file which i am unable to open.

Hullo,
Sometimes the easiest is the best. Try Paint.

pendrive pendrive is offline
Junior Member

In zamzar it's called, "bmp"