Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Which one is best Python or Java for developing GUI applications?

Which one is best Python or Java for developing GUI applications?

srinivasan srinivas

Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the development of GUI applications?

Thanks,
Srini

Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefo..._email_firefox

Paul Rubin

srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the development of GUI applications?

Yes.

Paul Rudin

Paul Rubin <http://(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the
>> development of GUI applications?

> Yes.

Clearly c.l.p needs to adopt the SNB <http://cam.misc.org.uk/snb>
convention

Bruno Desthuilliers

Paul Rubin a écrit :
> srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the development of GUI applications?

> Yes.

Indeed.

Leon

I think there are two advantages over java for GUI application

First, python is more productive and has very rich third modules
support,
you can check the demo of wxPython.

Second, you can develop native-looking GUI

BTW: I'm developing GUI application using python and wxPython.

Second,
On May 4, 11:41*pm, srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the development of GUI applications?
>
> Thanks,
> Srini
>
> * * * Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Editionhttp://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox

srinivasan srinivas

Could you list down those advantages??

> srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the development of GUI applications?

> Yes.

Indeed.

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com

Chris Rebert

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Paul Rudin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Paul Rubin <http://(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the
>>> development of GUI applications?

>> Yes.

> Clearly c.l.p needs to adopt the SNB <http://cam.misc.org.uk/snb>
> convention

Surely you have forgotten the comedy style of the language's namesake,
which makes that rule completely inadmissible! ;P

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com

David Cook

On 2009-05-05, srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the
> development of GUI applications?

You don't have to choose between them. You can program Swing applications
in Jython. And Jython is just a jar that you can bundle in another jar for
distribution just like any other Java jar. You will have to understand Java
code to learn Swing, though. I suggest also looking into the
Swing Application Framework and Netbeans.

However, I would look at PyQt first (if the license requirements are OK).
PyQT is well thought out, consistent, and featureful. And then maybe try
wxPython if you need a more liberal license. wxPython is clunky and
inconsistent, but gets the job done.

Dave Cook

[Gui] Which GUI is available with Ruby? Flaab Mrlinux Ruby 3 11-15-2006 11:44 PM
gui developing Mage Python 15 04-24-2005 11:44 AM
Python GUI, which one? Sells, Fred Python 5 10-09-2004 09:23 AM
Developing a simple GUI Shamli C Programming 9 12-11-2003 04:46 PM

Advertisments