Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > IDE for python 2.6 (auto complete)

IDE for python 2.6 (auto complete)

Soumen banerjee

Hello,
I have just installed and run python 2.6.2 from the sources available
on the website. I notice that SPE (the editor which i used with python
2.5) is not displaying some of the functions new in 2.6 as
autocomplete options. Is there any IDE with support for autocomplete
in python 2.6 with all the newer functions included?

Mike Driscoll

On May 4, 10:13*am, Soumen banerjee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have just installed and run python 2.6.2 from the sources available
> on the website. I notice that SPE (the editor which i used with python
> 2.5) is not displaying some of the functions new in 2.6 as
> autocomplete options. Is there any IDE with support for autocomplete
> in python 2.6 with all the newer functions included?

Wingware probably does. You should just submit a bug report to Stani
though. He can probably fix SPE for you.

Mike

Detlev Offenbach

Mike Driscoll wrote:

> On May 4, 10:13*am, Soumen banerjee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have just installed and run python 2.6.2 from the sources available
>> on the website. I notice that SPE (the editor which i used with python
>> 2.5) is not displaying some of the functions new in 2.6 as
>> autocomplete options. Is there any IDE with support for autocomplete
>> in python 2.6 with all the newer functions included?

> Wingware probably does. You should just submit a bug report to Stani
> though. He can probably fix SPE for you.

And eric4 does this as well.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach