Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Encrypting the source code

Encrypting the source code

Mohammad Samara

Hello everybody,

I have deployed an ASP.NET application for one of our clients, is there a
way to hide or encrypt the source code of the application (C# code behind)
from being diplayed by anyone else?

Thanks.

Brian Henry

something called an obsufcator can make it very hard to decompile compiled
code.. there is a free version with VS.NET Enterprise that i know of.. maybe
other versions have one also.

"Mohammad Samara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have deployed an ASP.NET application for one of our clients, is there a
> way to hide or encrypt the source code of the application (C# code behind)
> from being diplayed by anyone else?
>
> Thanks.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Try this:

http://www.abderaware.com/WhitePapers/Obfuscator.htm

"Mohammad Samara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have deployed an ASP.NET application for one of our clients, is there a
> way to hide or encrypt the source code of the application (C# code behind)
> from being diplayed by anyone else?
>
> Thanks.

Arun Ganesh [Microsoft MVP]

Obfuscators make it harder to decompile .NET IL into C#
code.

Check the http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/tools/
website for list of useful tools.

Warm regards,
Arun Ganesh.
www.arunmicrosystems.netfirms.com

several questions on encrypting the web.config file via VB code Keith G Hicks ASP .Net Security 0 04-05-2008 03:57 PM
Encrypting Java Code Mike Java 5 10-31-2005 10:23 PM
Encrypting the source code Mohammad Samara ASP .Net Security 5 12-09-2003 05:45 PM
Encrypting JS Code on wscript Jason Davis Javascript 1 09-13-2003 11:05 PM

Advertisments