Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hey, buddy, not so fast.

Hey, buddy, not so fast.

Dudley Hanks

Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=102

Comments welcome.

--
Take Care,
Dudley

Dudley Hanks

"Oh well..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 04 May 2009 04:47:49 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
>>
>>http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=102
>>
>>Comments welcome.

> Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they have
> to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.

Oh, well...

Take Care,
Dudley

Bob Larter

Dudley Hanks wrote:
> "Oh well..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 04 May 2009 04:47:49 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
>>>
>>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=102
>>>
>>> Comments welcome.

>> Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they have
>> to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.
>>

> Oh, well...

Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
Keep on plugging away. ;^)

Dudley Hanks

"Bob Larter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:49ff3139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dudley Hanks wrote:
>> "Oh well..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they
>>> have
>>> to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.
>>>

>> Oh, well...

> Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
> severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do. Keep
> on plugging away. ;^)

They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there was a
"lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.

Take Care,
Dudley

SneakyP

"Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newswGLl.25556$Db2.7698@edtnps83:

> "Bob Larter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:49ff3139$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dudley Hanks wrote:
>>> "Oh well..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Oh, well...

>> Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
>> severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
>> Keep on plugging away. ;^)
>>
>> --

> They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there
> was a "lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.

Truth is those types are blinder (in mental terms) than the legally blind
are blind. Could whoever it is be a tad jealous???

Nice photography for a "blind" user. I have recently purchased the
lesser cousin - Rebel XS and haven't had much trouble at all getting
decent pictures. Here's to our discovery in the DSLR world!

--
SneakyP
To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
down :0)

Dudley Hanks

"SneakyP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> newswGLl.25556$Db2.7698@edtnps83:
>

>> "Bob Larter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:49ff3139$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
>>> severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
>>> Keep on plugging away. ;^)
>>>
>>> --

>> They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there
>> was a "lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.

> Truth is those types are blinder (in mental terms) than the legally blind
> are blind. Could whoever it is be a tad jealous???
>
> Nice photography for a "blind" user. I have recently purchased the
> lesser cousin - Rebel XS and haven't had much trouble at all getting
> decent pictures. Here's to our discovery in the DSLR world!
>

> --
> SneakyP
> To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.
>
> Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
> down :0)

The Canon entry level DSLR's do quite well. When I think back to what I had
to do to get good pics from 1600 ISO film, I'm amazed that usable pics are
routine at that speed with these cams.

Of course, those 5D's and Nikons D3's (and both company's other top shelf
stuff) would yield better results yet. The pic of Mich doing the traffic
check in particular could be done a lot better with high end help.

Take Care, and enjoy your XS,
Dudley

Paul Furman

Dudley Hanks wrote:
> Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
>
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=102
>
> Comments welcome.

Good shot.
The reduced copy is not sharpened and even softer than irfanview does,
reducing without sharpening... the original is fine.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Dudley Hanks

"Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:w5QLl.28604$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dudley Hanks wrote:
>> Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
>>
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=102
>>
>> Comments welcome.

> Good shot.
> The reduced copy is not sharpened and even softer than irfanview does,
> reducing without sharpening... the original is fine.
>
> --
> Paul Furman

Thanks, Paul, my gallery software renders the small image from the shot I
post.

The larger pic was reduced from the actual original, which is about a half
frame crop. My daughter did the crop using Microsoft Picture Manager, and I
then down-sized (also using MS Pic Manager).

I'm actually getting back into the zone when it comes to shooting. None of
these shots were eye-balled, just P&S. And, I'm quite happy I got some pics
framed that were zoomed in a fair bit. I've got one I will be posting
(probably tomorrow) that was shot at a focal length of 39mm (that's what?
about 62mm equiv for a 35mm). Not a great zoom shot, but the technique is
slowly developing.

Take Care,
Dudley

Dudley Hanks

"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C625C390.2920A%(E-Mail Removed)...

> On 5/4/09 1:31 PM, in article xwGLl.25556$Db2.7698@edtnps83, "Dudley
> Hanks"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "Bob Larter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:49ff3139$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
>>> severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
>>> Keep
>>> on plugging away. ;^)
>>>
>>> --

>> They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there
>> was a
>> "lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.
>>

> It gives him something to do between cleaning his 'special purpose' off
> his
> mama's computer while she's out turning tricks to keep them supplied with
> Crack. To him, it is quite an accomplishment.

The brain stem works, but not much else...

Take Care,
Dudley

Robert Coe

On Mon, 04 May 2009 08:49:33 -0500, Oh well... <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Mon, 04 May 2009 04:47:49 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
: >
: >http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=102
: >
: >Comments welcome.
:
: Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they have
: to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.

Well, who has the lamer tactics? Dudley with his links you don't have to
follow to pictures you don't have to look at? Or you, whose smartass remarks
get accidentally downloaded by whoever happens to read this newsgroup?