Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Measure Performance Tuning Efforts

Measure Performance Tuning Efforts

Jeff S

I'm looking for guidance (tutorials, backgrounders, tips, or otherwise) on
measuring the performance of ASP.NET applications. I'm specifically
interested in acquiring the capability of generating objective data that
quantifies the effects of performance tuning efforts (e.g., performance
measures before and after implementing caching). I want to be able to
demonstrate cases where performance tuning efforts resulted in measurably
faster performance.

I understand Application Center Test is available. Is there more
straight-forward tool? If not, then I'd be interested in some guidance and
perspective on which of the hundreds of possible object/counter combinations
are relevant to my measurement efforts.

Thanks in advance...

Jeff

Saravana [MVP]

You should check out this article, there is a clear explanation on which
counter to monitor for asp.net applications
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/dnaspp/html
/monitor_perf.asp

I hope this should help you.

--
Saravana
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

"Jeff S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for guidance (tutorials, backgrounders, tips, or otherwise) on
> measuring the performance of ASP.NET applications. I'm specifically
> interested in acquiring the capability of generating objective data that
> quantifies the effects of performance tuning efforts (e.g., performance
> measures before and after implementing caching). I want to be able to
> demonstrate cases where performance tuning efforts resulted in measurably
> faster performance.
>
> I understand Application Center Test is available. Is there more
> straight-forward tool? If not, then I'd be interested in some guidance and
> perspective on which of the hundreds of possible object/counter

combinations
> are relevant to my measurement efforts.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Jeff

Jeff S

Thank you - just the sort of thing I was looking for... and better than
other sources I have found.

-Jeff

"Saravana [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You should check out this article, there is a clear explanation on which
> counter to monitor for asp.net applications

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/dnaspp/html
> /monitor_perf.asp
>
> I hope this should help you.
>
> --
> Saravana
> Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET
> www.extremeexperts.com
>

> "Jeff S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm looking for guidance (tutorials, backgrounders, tips, or otherwise)

on
> > measuring the performance of ASP.NET applications. I'm specifically
> > interested in acquiring the capability of generating objective data that
> > quantifies the effects of performance tuning efforts (e.g., performance
> > measures before and after implementing caching). I want to be able to
> > demonstrate cases where performance tuning efforts resulted in

measurably
> > faster performance.
> >
> > I understand Application Center Test is available. Is there more
> > straight-forward tool? If not, then I'd be interested in some guidance

and
> > perspective on which of the hundreds of possible object/counter

> combinations
> > are relevant to my measurement efforts.
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > Jeff

Can't listen audio/realone files while tuning MSN Tuning vizard working Thaqalain Computer Support 5 10-22-2005 09:06 PM
tuning...performance abcd ASP .Net 3 09-23-2005 04:32 PM
Performance tuning and diagnosis of eth0? Helmut Wollmersdorfer.at Cisco 1 02-24-2005 03:02 PM
DAO Layer Performance Tuning koluwa Java 0 02-20-2004 03:35 PM
TMC Petshop, java performance tuning, struts tom Java 0 09-05-2003 12:50 PM

Advertisments