Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to scare the public without really trying....swine flu!

How to scare the public without really trying....swine flu!

richard

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/0...ef=mpstoryview

"WHO" has officially confirmed a whopping 787 cases of swine flu.
Covering the area of 17 countries. Now that's a real whopping epidemic
for sure.

Hell, your chances of being hit by a lightning bolt are less.
Do the math, that's way less than .001% of the entire population of
any one of those 17 countries.

You're more likely to be run over by a freight train.
You're more likely to have a meteor hit your home.
You're more likely to win the lottery.

Just like with the AIDS scare. Less than 0.01% of the population of
the USA ever had it, or even would be effected by it. Yet 80% or more
of the population were totally scared of it.

So why is thing an "epidemic"? Because the news media likes to use
these kinds of words to encite and excite our senses. Key words that
sell.

It ain't no frickin epidemic unless there is a total widespread
outbreak in a confined area. Like a huge number of a major USA city
coming down with it. Then, I'd be worried.

Personally, I have an interesting thing with flu shots. Every time I
get a flu shot, I get the flu. No flu shot, no flu.

So instead of going out and buying that face mask or other protection,
use the money and buy a lottery ticket.

Aardvark

On Sun, 03 May 2009 07:45:03 -0400, richard wrote:

> Just like with the AIDS scare.

Only a scare, eh? I'm sure one or two 'scared' Africans might argue with
you on that point

thanatoid

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:gtkh7t$q2h$(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sun, 03 May 2009 07:45:03 -0400, richard wrote:
>
>> Just like with the AIDS scare.

> Only a scare, eh? I'm sure one or two 'scared' Africans
> might argue with you on that point

At least a quarter if not half of Africans will eventually die
of Aids, but that's what the CIA wanted, just like they intended
to wipe out assorted American "undesirables" like junkies and
homosexuals.

(Cocaine is OK, lots of respectable people use it.)

No one in CIA ever questioned the undesirability of homosexuals,
even though many a CIA man may have owned a Liberace or Elton
John album, but since AIDS is spread only by direct blood
contact - it lives outside the body for only moments - the
needle users had to go as well, even the ones that were not
particularly problematic. What you see on TV are extreme cases.
It is perfectly possible to live a normal life while being a
heroin user with no one even suspecting - if you have enough
money. And many people DO.

AIDS /is/ a very effective *scare* for most of the population
who do not share needles or enjoy anal sex even though the male
(or one of them) has a bleeding sore on his dick.

It has destroyed the pleasure of sex for hetero men (do YOU
enjoy ****ing a plastic bag? Just get a doll, it's a lot cheaper
in the long run) and it has kept everybody nice and scared and
watching the Home Shopping Network just like it was supposed to
do. Not to mention the great profits for drug companies. Few
medicines cost what the AIDS "controlling" drugs cost. Money is
ALWAYS good for America. Another bonus.

Remember, the MAIN objective of ANY government is to keep its
citizens in FUD, since they are much easier to control this way.

--
(Originally Posted by Ketxxx on forums.techpowerup.com)
I think you got it a bit backwards, spyware comes free with

thanatoid

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> thanatoid wrote:

<SNIP>

>> No one in CIA ever questioned the undesirability of
>> homosexuals, even though many a CIA man may have owned a
>> Liberace or Elton John album, but since AIDS is spread
>> only by direct blood

> You seem to have forgotten semen and vaginal fluids, an
> important omission.

I am quite aware of their existence, in fact one of them is a
favorite aperitif, but AIDS can not be transmitted by them. Nor
by saliva. Nor by sweat. Nor by urine. Etc...

<SNIP>

--

On Sun, 03 May 2009 17:03:37 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

> What you see on TV are extreme
> cases. It is perfectly possible to live a normal life while being a
> heroin user with no one even suspecting - if you have enough money.

Yup. A bloke I've known for nigh-on thirty years and has held down a
reasonably well-paying job for all that time has also been a regular user
of smack.

thanatoid

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

<SNIP>

> The entire medical community disagrees with you, but you go
> ahead and spread your uninformed opinion as fact as you
> wish.
>
> http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/vaginal-fluids.htm
> http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/...round-anus.htm
>
> ^^ just two of many, many links to disprove your position.
> Want to see if you can prove me wrong?

No one can /really/ prove *anything* AFA this disease is
concerned. Many people directly affected claim HIV has /nothing/
to do with AIDS, just as one example. Can either side *prove*
they are right? No.

I don't get most of my information from web sites run by
"about.com".

For about 11 years I lived in one of the 4 most highly gay-
populated cities in the world, in fact right in /the/
neighborhood, and I was somewhat interested in the subject,
especially since I hate condoms - it is truly regrettable that
no modern 21st Century Paranoid Woman will let you **** her
without one anymore - and because I like to know a little bit
more than I (used to, don't watch it anymore) "learn" from TV.

While living there, I ate in restaurants where 80% of the staff
and customers were gay males, on some occasions (admittedly
rare, they are hardly in the condition to walk around by that
time) in visibly advanced stages of AIDS. The other 15% were
lesbians, and I belonged to the remaining 5%. I do not have
AIDS. I bet YOU wouldn't even WALK into such a place, let alone
EAT in it.

"Experts" like "Terry" (I read his bio) HAVE to toe the line
because they will no longer be "experts" if they don't, and that
will be the LEAST of their troubles. So do TV newscasters. Ever
seen anyone on TV say anything approaching the truth, or NOT cut
away from an interview as the interviewee was about to say
something actually important or, fubar forbid, /not/ in line
with the current political/social/medical/religious
"correctness" ?

AIDS is transmitted by blood. Period.

I only looked at the first link, which was just the same old,
but the "semen around anus" which I did not bother reading, may
actually have semi-accurate information.

To stir the pot a little more, I will now tell you that just
about the ONLY way to get AIDS (without sharing needles with
someone infected) is to get ****ed up the ass. That's because
the anal tissue is extremely delicate and bleeds at the
slightest provocation, as anyone who has ever used toilet paper
knows. So semen around the anus MAY contain blood which WILL get
you. NOT the *semen*, the *blood* which MAY be present in it.
**IF** you are unlucky enough to have an open wound on whatever
part of your body comes in contact with that often minute
particle of infected blood.

Vaginas dripping blood, cocks with bleeding wounds on them, and
lips which just got bitten in the excitement of the moment and
as a result have a nice big droplet of blood on them /rarely/
come in contact with each other for a variety of reasons.

Why do you think gays were the first (and still the largest
AFAIK) group affected by this evil yet brilliant laboratory
concoction? That's right, because they take it up the ass.

But telling everyone that a drop of sweat or a kiss from someone
with AIDS (and that COULD be your next door neighbor!) will kill
them is a GREAT way to keep everyone terrified and helpless (and
sexually frustrated).

The thread started with the idea of "scares". If you don't know
how useful "scares" are to governments, you need to educate
yourself a little.

--
(Originally Posted by Ketxxx on forums.techpowerup.com)
I think you got it a bit backwards, spyware comes free with
Vista and is a "product feature".

Mara

<snip>

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa16.htm

--
<rw-rw-rw-> I don't care if it can reproduce sound well enough for
dolphins to talk to each other through it, if you can't grep it it's

thanatoid

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Lookout wrote:
>> On Sun, 03 May 2009 19:55:58 -0400, Rgr
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/vaginal-fluids.htm
>>> http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/...round-anus.htm
>>>
>>> ^^ just two of many, many links to disprove your
>>> position. Want to see if you can prove me wrong?

>> Uh...how about transfusions?

(I have him kf'd) They've been testing the blood for decades,
Einstein.

> Try again for reading comprehension. The discussion
> devolved into whether or not there are other means of
> transmitting HIV/AIDS *other* than blood. I contend (as
> does the CDC, AMA and others) that semen and vaginal fluids
> can transmit the disease. Thanatoid claims *nothing* other
> than direct blood-to-blood contact can. I'm not infected,
> I'm not gay. I just hate to see someone spreading really
> bad info about such a deadly disease.

Scary, scary... Or scary?
Or maybe just a scare.

BTW, careful when you cross the street next time. Your chances
of getting run over and squished (not that I wish you that) are
about a million times higher than you getting AIDS, whether from
blood contact, or from seeing a good looking guy in a white t-
shirt tucked into blue Levi's.