Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Why wireless does not re-enable after switching login ids?

Why wireless does not re-enable after switching login ids?

joeu2004@hotmail.com

Sometimes -- but only sometimes(!) -- when I log off
one user id and log into another, the wireless client
fails to reacquire the signal. Even rescanning
manually does not work. As a work-around, I disable,
then re-enable the wireless connection through the Control
Panel. But that is a nuisance. Also, I cannot do that
when I log into an account with only guest capability.

Any idea why the wireless client fails to reacquire the
signal? Any idea why the problem seems to be intermittent?

I used to think that this might be unique to my laptop,
which admittedly has a "screwy" config to meet the IT
requirements of my office. The reacquirement failure
would occur (though still inconsistently) when I switched
from a domain user id to a local user id.

In fact, my work-around for the guest id limitation is
to log into a local id with admin capability, toggle
disable/enable, then log out and log into the guest id.

But my son mentioned that he has the same problem with
his laptop, which is a "clean" Win XP Pro SP2 system.

=?Utf-8?B?SW5zdGFsbGVy?=

Hello ,Do you mean when you 'Log off' the user of the pc ? If you are
switching Signals (SSID) , I believe the 'Wireless setup ' website page is
where you go to adjust SSID . And , enter that SSID in 'View Available
wireless connections ' / select task : Change the order of preferrred
networks /tab : Wireless Networks / Add button / Association tab / Enter the
'other' SSID / the rest to fill in is to your preferrence / click OK . This
next window you will see the 'other' SSID and will be at the top of the
order list which you can also adjust by hightlighting and 'Move up' -or-
'Move down . ' Then click button 'View wireless networks / highlight the SSID
to 'Disconnect' / Highlight the 'other' SSID and select 'Connect . '
--
KD