Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Seamonkey

Seamonkey

Moose Breath

Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get a
question "would you like to subscribe".
Upsets me is when I click "yes" all the messages I marked days ago as
"read" show as unread.
Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was working? I
mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
marked as read, stay that way?
Thanks

Mike Easter

Moose Breath wrote:
> Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get a
> question "would you like to subscribe".

Something is wrong.

> Upsets me is when I click "yes"

What happens if you say no?

> all the messages I marked days ago as
> "read" show as unread.

> Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was working? I
> mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
> marked as read, stay that way?

SeaMonkey/ Tbird/ IceDove/ IceApe are all supposed to be able to remember
your subscriptions properly.

If it isn't configuration repairable, maybe you should R&R
(remove&replace, un/in/stall) it.

--
Mike Easter

richard

On Sat, 02 May 2009 08:26:40 -0600, Moose Breath <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get a
>question "would you like to subscribe".
>Upsets me is when I click "yes" all the messages I marked days ago as
>"read" show as unread.
>Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was working? I
>mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
>marked as read, stay that way?
>Thanks

Try a real dedicated news reader.
40tude dialog would be a good choice.

XS11E

Moose Breath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get
> a question "would you like to subscribe".
> Upsets me is when I click "yes" all the messages I marked days ago
> as "read" show as unread.
> Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was
> working? I mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber
> and messages marked as read, stay that way?

Ask here: set your news server to news.mozilla.org and then look for
this group: mozilla.support.seamonkey

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org

Dan C

On Sat, 02 May 2009 08:26:40 -0600, Moose Breath wrote:

> Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get a
> question "would you like to subscribe". Upsets me is when I click "yes"
> all the messages I marked days ago as "read" show as unread.
> Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was working? I
> mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
> marked as read, stay that way?
> Thanks

Use a real newsreader, dimwit.

Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg