Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP will be available for 12 months after 7 ships

Reply
Thread Tools

XP will be available for 12 months after 7 ships

 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2009
<http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132 367&intsrc=news_list>:

"It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
most customers have," Nash said.

Really?? When was that _ever_ true?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jack Spratt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2009
"Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
news:gtgtsi$kd8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132 367&intsrc=news_list>:
>
> "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
> actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
> most customers have," Nash said.
>
> Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
>



If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for your hobby
business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you may find something to
do with your life rather that usenetting 24/7

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Dee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2009
"Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:

> If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for
> your hobby business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you
> may find something to do with your life rather that usenetting
> 24/7


Or, he could post appropriately to the proper NGs (I wish he would).
Most of his posts belong in "advocacy" NGs.

--
dee
 
Reply With Quote
 
J Brockley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2009


"Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in message
news:gtguo5$hnf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:gtgtsi$kd8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132 367&intsrc=news_list>:
>>
>> "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
>> actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
>> most customers have," Nash said.
>>
>> Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
>>

>
>
> If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for your
> hobby business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you may find
> something to do with your life rather that usenetting 24/7


He's probably missed that boat, Vista perhaps provided a window of
opportunity while Windows 7 looks like it may close it again.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2009
On 2009-05-02, J Brockley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
> "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:gtguo5$hnf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
>> news:gtgtsi$kd8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132 367&intsrc=news_list>:
>>>
>>> "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
>>> actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
>>> most customers have," Nash said.
>>>
>>> Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
>>>

>>
>>
>> If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for your
>> hobby business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you may find
>> something to do with your life rather that usenetting 24/7

>
> He's probably missed that boat, Vista perhaps provided a window of
> opportunity while Windows 7 looks like it may close it again.
>

Which window
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2009
On 2009-05-02, Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132 367&intsrc=news_list>:
>>
>> "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
>> actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
>> most customers have," Nash said.
>>
>> Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
>>

>
> Windows 2000 ran better than Windows ME.
>
>

As does 98
 
Reply With Quote
 
AD.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2009
On May 2, 8:43*pm, Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> > <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBas...>:

>
> > * * "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
> > * * actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
> > * * most customers have," Nash said.

>
> > Really?? When was that _ever_ true?

>
> Windows 2000 ran better than Windows ME.


That doesn't fit for two reasons:

a) Windows 2000 was released before Windows ME

b) Windows 2000's previous version was NT4. Although you could
probably argue that the W2K to NT4 comparison fits.

--
Cheers
Anton
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asus P5GDC Deluxe ships with defective C-Media audio chip Frank Computer Support 3 01-27-2005 04:54 PM
[ANN] Altova ships v2005 Products with support for XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.0, XQuery, Eclipse in XMLSpy, MapForce, StyleVision, Authentic Altova Announcements XML 1 11-17-2004 09:09 PM
Emailing Ships noreply@invalid Computer Support 4 09-13-2004 07:49 AM
The Tall Ships' Race in Aalborg 30 juli - 2 august 2004 Ulf Pedersen Digital Photography 0 08-02-2004 10:42 PM
Crystal Reports that ships with .Net Clive ASP .Net 0 07-31-2003 05:54 PM



Advertisments