Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Tweaking Windows XP

Tweaking Windows XP

Gumbie

I found that changing "Win32PrioritySeparation" DWORD to 38 in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \
PriorityControl] increased picture quality for video and Gaming (Command and
conquer 3). but killed performance when playing high definition video. Also
seemed to decreased load times and improve overall performance.

Can anyone give me more information on how to get this working right and
tweak Windows XP further?

--

Gumbie

Dolfinfan

Did you check the video card maker's website for a newer ( better) driver ?

news:gtghbj$d11$(E-Mail Removed)...