Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WPA driver

WPA driver

Ray

I have a notebook using ORiNOCO Mini PCI Card running Windows XP Home
Edition SP2. Can someone advise me where I can download the WPA driver.

Thanks,

Ray

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

It's not actually a driver. Your hardware either supports WPA or not. You
need a firmware update from the card manufacturer that supports WPA, if
available. You can view more info about the WPA software update here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;815485 and download
it here it you hardware can be updated:

"Ray" wrote:

> I have a notebook using ORiNOCO Mini PCI Card running Windows XP Home
> Edition SP2. Can someone advise me where I can download the WPA driver.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

I've had a reply from Morgan (thank you!) stating that the driver can be updated from the following link:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2207/wpa_orinoco_mini_pci_card

vrmagoombus vrmagoombus is offline
Junior Member

God Bless You All- after i decided to go comcast phone too (which meant they had to set me up with a new router/modem)....my vaio would not longer get online. i tried to get them to tell me how to get my vaio notebook online and their response was to try to sell me their advice package for 4.95$ a month. With your help i have finally gotten it done for free and I'm going to change my internet and phone provider - those chumps. Actually there is another carrier in my city that is cheaper. Can't thank you enough. Again, God Bless you for helping others.