Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > what is .NET Remoting?

what is .NET Remoting?

Chris Jackson

..NET Remoting requires the .NET framework on both sides - it's a mechanism
for doing remote objects. There is an intro here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...roremoting.asp

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer

"Kees" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a web application but the hosting that I got, does not

support
> dot NET. If I have access to another .NET hosting, I'm wondering if i can
> solve this problme with .NET Remoting. That is having the website in the
> non-dot net hosting, but all the application run on another .NET hosting.
> I'm new to .NET Remoting, I do not have clear understand what is it, and
> when ppl use it. I welcome any information about it.
>
> Thanx guys
>
> Kees

Kevin Spencer

Remoting is simply the ability to use classes across a TCP/IP network. For
detailed information, see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...roremoting.asp

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Kees" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a web application but the hosting that I got, does not

support
> dot NET. If I have access to another .NET hosting, I'm wondering if i can
> solve this problme with .NET Remoting. That is having the website in the
> non-dot net hosting, but all the application run on another .NET hosting.
> I'm new to .NET Remoting, I do not have clear understand what is it, and
> when ppl use it. I welcome any information about it.
>
> Thanx guys
>
> Kees

bruce barker

..Net remoting allows one .net component to call another .net component that
is in a different app domain or is on a different server. It replaces DCOM.

Remoting won't solve your problem, but you could easily write a proxy server
on the main site, of use SOAP, for the main site to call the other.

"Kees" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a web application but the hosting that I got, does not

support
> dot NET. If I have access to another .NET hosting, I'm wondering if i can
> solve this problme with .NET Remoting. That is having the website in the
> non-dot net hosting, but all the application run on another .NET hosting.
> I'm new to .NET Remoting, I do not have clear understand what is it, and
> when ppl use it. I welcome any information about it.
>
> Thanx guys
>
> Kees

Kees

Hi,

I'm building a web application but the hosting that I got, does not support
dot NET. If I have access to another .NET hosting, I'm wondering if i can
solve this problme with .NET Remoting. That is having the website in the
non-dot net hosting, but all the application run on another .NET hosting.
I'm new to .NET Remoting, I do not have clear understand what is it, and
when ppl use it. I welcome any information about it.

Thanx guys

Kees

Kees

thanx guys,