Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Apology

Apology

Qu0ll

I apologise unreservedly to Roedy Green for accusing him of being a spammer
and a liar. Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence in these
matters, this is irrelevant. I cannot prove otherwise and therefore should
never have made those accusations in a public forum. I also apologise to
this newsgroup for my unpleasant, troll-like behaviour and for perpetuating
an off-topic thread.

I hope everyone realises that this recent behaviour is not typical of me.
Though I don't expect or deserve anyone to feel sorry for me, I would like
to say that it's the recent passing of my beloved mother and a change on
Monday to the many medications I require just to get out of bed each day
that has left me behaving in an erratic, moody and unbalanced way whereby I
am upset by the slightest things and find fault with everything.

Roedy's misplaced posts had very little effect on me last week but this week
seemed to be crimes punishable by death. It is simply not fair of me to
treat people in this way and so out of character that I am going to withdraw
from this newsgroup and refrain from posting on Usenet until I am feeling
much, much better.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Qu0ll wrote:
> I apologise unreservedly to Roedy Green for accusing him of being a
> spammer and a liar. Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence in
> these matters, this is irrelevant. I cannot prove otherwise and
> therefore should never have made those accusations in a public forum. I
> also apologise to this newsgroup for my unpleasant, troll-like behaviour
> and for perpetuating an off-topic thread.
>
> I hope everyone realises that this recent behaviour is not typical of
> me. Though I don't expect or deserve anyone to feel sorry for me, I
> would like to say that it's the recent passing of my beloved mother and
> a change on Monday to the many medications I require just to get out of
> bed each day that has left me behaving in an erratic, moody and
> unbalanced way whereby I am upset by the slightest things and find fault
> with everything.
>
> Roedy's misplaced posts had very little effect on me last week but this
> week seemed to be crimes punishable by death. It is simply not fair of
> me to treat people in this way and so out of character that I am going
> to withdraw from this newsgroup and refrain from posting on Usenet until
> I am feeling much, much better.

Don't worry - I for one didn't even notice!

--
Dirk

Roedy Green

On Fri, 1 May 2009 05:09:55 +1000, "Qu0ll" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence

An apology is when you admit you were wrong. You didn't. You
reiterated your slander.

It is not as though I habitually pull stunts like that.

Why or earth would you imagine I would do such a thing? Are you
projecting? Imagining why someone else would deliberately mispost.

I don't know how well you know me. I am a curmudgeon, but not a
crooked one. Surely that should be obvious from my decades of public
posting.

It would be wrong for you to lie, if you truly believe that of me.
It is just that it is so frustrating that I am perceived as evil when
I try so hard to do the right thing.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"We can allow satellites, planets, suns, universe, nay whole systems of universes, to be governed by laws, but the smallest insect, we wish to be created at once by special act."
~ Charles Darwin

Qu0ll

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Fri, 1 May 2009 05:09:55 +1000, "Qu0ll" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>>Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence

> An apology is when you admit you were wrong. You didn't. You
> reiterated your slander.

Not at all. I apologised unreservedly for calling you a spammer and a liar.
I withdraw all accusations. I have said that nothing can be proved. I
don't know what else you want from me. You have made substantial positive
contributions to this group and I haven't. No one cares what I think.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(E-Mail Removed)

Nigel Wade

Roedy Green wrote:

> On Fri, 1 May 2009 05:09:55 +1000, "Qu0ll" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>>Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence

> An apology is when you admit you were wrong.

No, it isn't. Try looking in a dictionary.

--
Nigel Wade

Andreas Leitgeb

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It is not as though I habitually pull stunts like that.

My original motivation was to let you know what picture
your repeated mishaps and your blaming of ForteAgent for
your mishaps painted. What Ι hoped for, was that you would
take more care and (while lacking a changed ForteAgent) rather
make use of magnifying glasses (software or hardware ones)
to help yourself avoiding further repeatitions.

Your rather rude response to that (bringing in nazis and
then defending your so far accidental posting) surely didn't
help, and probably made more people now doubt the "accidents".

Lew

Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
> Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It is not as though I habitually pull stunts like that.

> My original motivation was to let you know what picture
> your repeated mishaps and your blaming of ForteAgent for
> your mishaps painted. What Ι hoped for, was that you would
> take more care and (while lacking a changed ForteAgent) rather
> make use of magnifying glasses (software or hardware ones)
> to help yourself avoiding further repeatitions.
>
> Your rather rude response to that (bringing in nazis and
> then defending your so far accidental posting) surely didn't
> help, and probably made more people now doubt the "accidents".

So Roedy got a taste of his own medicine, Qu0ll said things he now regrets,
some folks got upset and others entertained. This is Usenet; these things
happen. The only one who really deserves to receive an apology is Andreas
Leitgeb.

Roedy and Qu0ll both have histories of good contributions to the Java
discussions. Both mean well, ultimately. Let it go and get back to Java.

Qu0ll, I'm sorry for your loss.

Roedy, you're right about the evils of war and imperialism. Those need to stop.

Both of you, please keep contributing to these newsgroups.

--
Lew

Qu0ll

"Lew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gter46$1n1$(E-Mail Removed)...

[...]

> Roedy and Qu0ll both have histories of good contributions to the Java
> discussions. Both mean well, ultimately. Let it go and get back to Java.
>
> Qu0ll, I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you Lew - she was the light of my life. It will take a long time for
me to get back to normal.

> Roedy, you're right about the evils of war and imperialism. Those need to
> stop.
>
> Both of you, please keep contributing to these newsgroups.

I will but I am going to take a break from everything for a while.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(E-Mail Removed)

MCSBNGP+++ Public apology on behalf of Frisbee(R) (with bonus self-deprecation) /* MCSBNGP+++ #270-290-291-293-294-298-299# */ MCSE 21 07-29-2005 05:09 PM
My Abject Apology to all Canadians. Tabasco1 MCSE 21 09-04-2004 08:58 PM
APOLOGY Reachinout Computer Support 3 10-24-2003 01:14 AM
Re: Apology to Mr. Berserker Binh Tucker Computer Support 3 08-13-2003 02:15 PM
ron's formal apology in the MCSA group licknlabia MCSE 0 08-13-2003 12:04 AM

Advertisments