Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > MCITP+E?

MCITP+E?

Roger Johnson, MCSE

So, I have now finished my MCITP:SA and EA.

I always assumed the right way to reference the cert in signatures etc.
would be MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA or MCITP (SA, EA). However, when I finished the
647 the test administrator said that the right way to reference the
Enterprise Administrator cert is MCITP+E.

Can anyone confirm this, because this is a first for me?

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Roger Johnson, MCSE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So, I have now finished my MCITP:SA and EA.
>
> I always assumed the right way to reference the cert in signatures etc.
> would be MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA or MCITP (SA, EA). However, when I finished
> the
> 647 the test administrator said that the right way to reference the
> Enterprise Administrator cert is MCITP+E.

The test administrator is certainly not an authoritative source for that
question, and I've *never*, not in the almost four years that the MCITP has
been in existence, see it displayed as MCITP+ anything! In fact, the plus
sign was previously used for some very specific enhanced endorsements to
basic certifications, and I doubt they'd want to confuse the issue by
reusing the plus sign to indicate a core certification.

Your original ideas account for every abbreviation I've seen, either colons
or parenteticals, and as you can see in my cert, I'm using the colon. I've
opted to not list my MCITP:SA, and once I pick up the DBA and DBDev certs
(later this summer), I'll have to evaluate how to specify those as well.

But the truth is, I don't think Microsoft Learning has ever actually
specified the format for abbreviations, or definitions of multiple
certifications. I'm not aware of anything published on the MSLearning site.

Maybe one of the MSLearning monitors in this group can provide some insight?

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com