Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Automating Word

Automating Word

Domino

Hi

Just to clarify my earlier post. The problem I'm encountering involves
running an application (ASP.net C#) which automates word. (Office 2000).

Basically works fine on dev server with VS studio.net but when I deploy to
another machine it returns

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:

Any ideas

Thanks

DOminic

Domino

Nowhere really, just seems that using MS Word server side is not advisable.

Basically what I am trying to do is to accept word docs from clients,
convert them to HTML (using Save as HTML), copy the document's text and
store this in SQL for searching.

Are there 3rd party components available with which to do this. I am looking
into using javascript on the client to perform these actions but I cannot
see how to save a file and then upload it to the server.

Thanks for your interest,

news:(E-Mail Removed)...