Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Microsoft Certificaion Guidance

Microsoft Certificaion Guidance

Sachin Jegaonkar

hi
I am currently working in .NET, developing windows based applications.
I am currently using Visual studio 2005 and C# language.

I had planned to go for MCAD in Feb 2009, but I heard that this exam is
going to expire soon. So I changed my plan and decided to go for this exam
later
when exam will be updated for new contents.

Latter I heard about MCTS and MCPD examinations for Professional Developer.
But I am very confused about these exams.

I do have 2-3 years of programming and application development experience.
I want to build career with Microsoft technologies.

It would be of great help if anyone could suggest which exam to take.

Thanks a lot,

Sachin Jegaonkar

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Sachin Jegaonkar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> I am currently working in .NET, developing windows based applications.
> I am currently using Visual studio 2005 and C# language.
>
> I had planned to go for MCAD in Feb 2009, but I heard that this exam is
> going to expire soon.

Uhh.. ALL MCAD exams expired on 3/13/2009. But if you're using VS2005 and
C#, then the MCAD exams weren't the right exams for you anyway. The MCAD
exams are based on VS2003 and .NET Framework v1.1.

> Latter I heard about MCTS and MCPD examinations for Professional
> Developer.
> But I am very confused about these exams.

They're the new generation of certifications for developers, that replaced
the old MCAD/MCSD certifications. MCTS/MCPD certifications are only
available for VS2005 (and later) and .NET Framework v2.0 (and later).

> I do have 2-3 years of programming and application development experience.
> I want to build career with Microsoft technologies.
>
> It would be of great help if anyone could suggest which exam to take.

Sounds like you need to focus on the MCTS/MCPD Windows Application Developer
track.

Start here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...s/default.mspx

which requires two examinations:

70-536 (Application Development Foundation)
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-536.mspx

70-526 (Windows-Based Client Development)
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-526.mspx

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com