Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > error: no matching function

error: no matching function

Rares Vernica

What is the catch with this error message?

error: no matching function for call to ‘binary_writer<unsigned
int>:perator()(unsigned int)’
note: candidates are: void binary_writer<T>:perator()(T&) [with T =
unsigned int]

To me, it seems that the candidate matches the function call...

Thanks,
Rares

Noah Roberts

Rares Vernica wrote:
> What is the catch with this error message?
>
> error: no matching function for call to ‘binary_writer<unsigned
> int>:perator()(unsigned int)’
> note: candidates are: void binary_writer<T>:perator()(T&) [with T =
> unsigned int]
>
> To me, it seems that the candidate matches the function call...

It doesn't match if you're attempting to call the function with an
rvalue parameter.