Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Retrival of Password Protected profile on Hdd of toasted laptop

Reply
Thread Tools

Retrival of Password Protected profile on Hdd of toasted laptop

 
 
bytedump@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2009
Can anyone help ? The profile name is there and I know the password,
however I don't how to retrieve that info using a Hdd reader. It just
says inaccessible
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2009
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:24:25 -0300, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Can anyone help ? The profile name is there and I know the password,
>however I don't how to retrieve that info using a Hdd reader. It just
>says inaccessible


So I'm guessing based on what little information you provided, you
have a hard drive from a laptop that is 'toasted'. You're then putting
it in a 'hdd reader' (whatever that is).

And you're getting a message that says 'inaccessible'.

Is that about it?

Some details would help - what OS the laptop was, what OS the computer
you now have is, what kind of "hdd reader" you are using, what EXACTLY
the error says, etc.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bytedump@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2009
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:29:25 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:24:25 -0300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Can anyone help ? The profile name is there and I know the password,
>>however I don't how to retrieve that info using a Hdd reader. It just
>>says inaccessible

>
>So I'm guessing based on what little information you provided, you
>have a hard drive from a laptop that is 'toasted'. You're then putting
>it in a 'hdd reader' (whatever that is).


Well hello Evan, and yes I guess part of my question was how much
information I needed to give. To be quite honest I really don't know
what the technical name for what I have to read the hard-drive.. air
link 101 ? They just passed it to me with the pricetag, opened, and
ready to go.
>
>And you're getting a message that says 'inaccessible'.
>
>Is that about it?


It shows when I click on the profile that E:/ProfileName is not
accessible
>
>Some details would help - what OS the laptop was, what OS the computer
>you now have is, what kind of "hdd reader" you are using, what EXACTLY
>the error says, etc.


Home xp and trying to open under pro-xp

That was under 10 minutes and thank you for the help to date.
 
Reply With Quote
 
bytedump@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2009
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:34:03 -0500, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Can anyone help ? The profile name is there and I know the password,
>> however I don't how to retrieve that info using a Hdd reader. It just
>> says inaccessible

>
>you need to take ownership
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421


I tried it, but it didn't work yet.. however thank you very much
 
Reply With Quote
 
bytedump@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2009
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:24:55 -0500, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:34:03 -0500, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>> Can anyone help ? The profile name is there and I know the password,
>>>> however I don't how to retrieve that info using a Hdd reader. It just
>>>> says inaccessible
>>>
>>>you need to take ownership
>>>
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

>>
>> I tried it, but it didn't work yet.. however thank you very much

>
>
>I saw you are using XP Home
>
>you will need to take ownership by booting to safe mode (IIRC)


I am using xpPro now and my old hdd is an xpHome. It is so
frustrating that there must be something minisule I am doing wrong.
Please redeem my faith in 24help so I didn't have to pay my retailer
for help :-0
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Toasted again??? mike3 Computer Support 5 11-25-2008 03:51 PM
my laptop sata hdd crahed,can i use seagate portable hdd as laptopsata hdd through some convertors?? ashjas Computer Support 2 03-29-2008 07:24 PM
Toasted 20D? Vinay Digital Photography 8 04-18-2007 03:11 PM
Computer toasted? mike4ty4@yahoo.com Computer Support 45 10-30-2006 08:06 PM
question re: data recovery on a (possibly) toasted pc, part 1 quiet_table Computer Information 1 01-16-2004 04:21 PM



Advertisments