Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Re: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Craig Sutton

news:49f7440a$0$31189$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Has anyone here tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program?
> There is a freeware version and a payfor version.
> No I'm not connected, just have a friends computer that appears to have a
> number of virii or Trojans etc and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been
> recommended as being one that will kill them. Already tried Spy-bot and
> Adaware and a couple of others with no success.
> Yes I have checked the web for comments/reports but was wondering if
> anyone had actually used it.
> TIA

Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
realtime file scanning like NOD32.

Cima

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:15:34 +1200, "Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:49f7440a$0$31189$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Has anyone here tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program?
>> There is a freeware version and a payfor version.
>> No I'm not connected, just have a friends computer that appears to have a
>> number of virii or Trojans etc and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been
>> recommended as being one that will kill them. Already tried Spy-bot and
>> Adaware and a couple of others with no success.
>> Yes I have checked the web for comments/reports but was wondering if
>> anyone had actually used it.
>> TIA
>>

>Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
>realtime file scanning like NOD32.

It's very good, fixes most of those bogus security suites/AVs like AntiVirus Pro
2009 and the sneakily named MS Antispyware 2009.

SuperAntiSpyware is also another one worth trying. Can't say I've bothered with
Spybot or Adaware for a couple of years now.

Craig Sutton

"Cima" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:15:34 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:49f7440a$0$31189$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>> Has anyone here tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program?
>>> There is a freeware version and a payfor version.
>>> No I'm not connected, just have a friends computer that appears to have
>>> number of virii or Trojans etc and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been
>>> recommended as being one that will kill them. Already tried Spy-bot and
>>> Adaware and a couple of others with no success.
>>> Yes I have checked the web for comments/reports but was wondering if
>>> anyone had actually used it.
>>> TIA
>>>

>>Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
>>realtime file scanning like NOD32.
>>

> It's very good, fixes most of those bogus security suites/AVs like
> AntiVirus Pro
> 2009 and the sneakily named MS Antispyware 2009.
>
> SuperAntiSpyware is also another one worth trying. Can't say I've bothered
> with
> Spybot or Adaware for a couple of years now.

I updated spybot the other day. It went from 100000 spyware components
detected to over 500000+
Had previoously updated it 2 months ago.

Craig Sutton

news:49f8857d$0$31213$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Cima" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:15:34 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:49f7440a$0$31189$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>>>

>>>Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
>>>realtime file scanning like NOD32.
>>>

>> It's very good, fixes most of those bogus security suites/AVs like
>> AntiVirus Pro
>> 2009 and the sneakily named MS Antispyware 2009.
>>
>> SuperAntiSpyware is also another one worth trying. Can't say I've
>> bothered with
>> Spybot or Adaware for a couple of years now.
>>

> Thanks to all those that answered. I used it and it worked very well.
> Great proggy.
>
> Michael

How many hits did it get?

PrevX 3 is another interesting program.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <49f9b676$0$31192$(E-Mail Removed)>, Michael wrote:

> Glad it worked because the next step was an XP reinstall.
> Mind you, that may have been faster in the long run LOL.

Windows: how much is your time worth?