Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP Pro SP3 and WPA Encryption

XP Pro SP3 and WPA Encryption

SteveP721

For some reason, my PC that I just upgraded to SP3 will no longer maintain a
connection to my WPA-encrypted network. I have two other PCs that connect
fine, so it's not the router. MAC filtering is not enabled on the router...
it's definitely something with this PC. I have the latest driver installed
for my Edimax EW-7128G wifi adapter.

The network card will connect to the router, but will not acquire an IP
address for what appears to be longer than 1 second. In other words, the
adapter will connect using WPA for about 1 second, then disconnect for about
5 seconds, the cycle starts all over again and goes on endlessly. I've seen
that lots of folks have this problem with their laptops.

Jack-MVP

Hi
This page has the latest drivers if yours are older try the most recent one.
http://www.edimax.us/html/english/frames/b-download.htm
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news(E-Mail Removed)...