Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Ubuntu 9.04 Dumbfoundationalism Experiences

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 Dumbfoundationalism Experiences

Bambleweeny57

Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

> If you're not getting paid, then you're a bigger fool than I thought you
> were.

As opposed to MS users who have to pay for the privilege of being taken
for fools.... maybe.

BW

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Bambleweeny57

Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

> No one is hung-up on some **** like this 27/7*365 if there is not
> something on the plate. If 7 is not being paid, then 7 is ****ed-up.

Money is not the only motivation people subscribe to, in fact may would
say money is the basest of motives.

BW

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Bambleweeny57

Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
> Bambleweeny57 wrote:
>> Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
>>
>>> No one is hung-up on some **** like this 27/7*365 if there is not
>>> something on the plate. If 7 is not being paid, then 7 is ****ed-up.

>> Money is not the only motivation people subscribe to, in fact may
>> would say money is the basest of motives.
>>
>> BW
>>

> I don't agree with you so there you go.

Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.

Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
highly.

BW

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Hadron

Bambleweeny57 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
>> Bambleweeny57 wrote:

>>> Money is not the only motivation people subscribe to, in fact may
>>> would say money is the basest of motives.
>>>
>>> BW
>>>

>> I don't agree with you so there you go.

> Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
> drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
> purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.
>
> Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
> highly.
>
> BW

What are you talking about?

Pursuit of "Gold"?

So you mean earning a reasonable salary of a good days labour?

Do you have a job?

Do you, otherwise and more likely, have a beard and perhaps live in your
Mom's basement and shuffle to the shops with her once a week to pick
your favorite Pizzas and Colas?

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to

Bambleweeny57

Hadron wrote:
> Bambleweeny57 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

>>> I don't agree with you so there you go.

>> Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
>> drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
>> purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.
>>
>> Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
>> highly.
>>
>> BW

> What are you talking about?
>
> Pursuit of "Gold"?

Fox was having a go at 7, suggesting he was "****ed-up" if he wasn't
getting paid for his postings. I was merely pointing out that money is
not now, nor ever has been, the sole motivation for peoples actions.

> So you mean earning a reasonable salary of a good days labour?

There are those who are happy to take their reward in currencies other
than money.

> Do you have a job?

Yes thanks.

> Do you, otherwise and more likely, have a beard and perhaps live in your
> Mom's basement and shuffle to the shops with her once a week to pick
> your favorite Pizzas and Colas?

Take your stupid, puerile stereotypes.. liberally grease and shove 'em.

BW

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Hadron

Bambleweeny57 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>> Bambleweeny57 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>> Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
>>> drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
>>> purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.
>>>
>>> Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
>>> highly.
>>>
>>> BW

>> What are you talking about?
>>
>> Pursuit of "Gold"?

> Fox was having a go at 7, suggesting he was "****ed-up" if he wasn't
> getting paid for his postings. I was merely pointing out that money is
> not now, nor ever has been, the sole motivation for peoples actions.
>
>> So you mean earning a reasonable salary of a good days labour?

> There are those who are happy to take their reward in currencies other
> than money.

How do you pay for your electricity then? Do you offer the electric
company a slice of your pizza?

>> Do you have a job?

> Yes thanks.
>

>> Do you, otherwise and more likely, have a beard and perhaps live in your
>> Mom's basement and shuffle to the shops with her once a week to pick
>> your favorite Pizzas and Colas?
>>

> Take your stupid, puerile stereotypes.. liberally grease and shove 'em.
>
> BW

So I was right? OK. Another bitter, violent, rude "advocate".