Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to communicate with Java programs on database server?

How to communicate with Java programs on database server?

Tracey

I have a problem on communication between ASP.NET and
Java code. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Our core processing code and database and database server
reside in a remote machine whose platform is Linux. The
core processing code is written with Java.

Now I'm trying to implement scripting code to communicate
with the back-end database dynamatically.

I know there must be ways to do that. I just don't know
which one works best. So far, I'm thinking to code with
ASP.NET. But in our situation, I may still need a web
server, say IIS. Since IIS cannot be set up on Linux
platform, is it possible to set up another windows server
as a web server and run ASP.Net code on the windows
machine? If yes, how can I communicate with the Java code
on database server ?

Thanks a lot!

Wayne Citrin

Tracey --

There are a couple of ways to do this, depending on your needs. Web
services are one. A Java/.NET bridging solution such as our JNBridgePro
product is another. See www.jnbridge.com, or contact me for more
information.

Regards,
Wayne Citrin

Wayne Citrin
JNBridge, LLC
www.jnbridge.com
Spanning the Worlds of Java and .NET

news:019f01c3ba3a$5d917870$(E-Mail Removed)...