Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET Attaching Database

ASP.NET Attaching Database

MaxGruven

When I first upload my new website to an IIS Server how do I get the SQL
Express Database online? Is there a way to attach this newly uploaded
database using Visual Studio??

Thanks,
George

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi George,

>When I first upload my new website to an IIS Server how do I get the SQL
>Express Database online? Is there a way to attach this newly uploaded
>database using Visual Studio??

You can specify "AttachDBFilename" and/or " User Instances" in the
connection string to do this. For more details please check out:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...expuser_topic2

If you have additional questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subs.../aa948874.aspx

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi George,

>When I first upload my new website to an IIS Server how do I get the SQL
>Express Database online? Is there a way to attach this newly uploaded
>database using Visual Studio??

Have you solved this issue?

Regards,
Allen Chen