Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Specifying all files except Login.aspx and Join.aspx are restricted to authenticated users

Specifying all files except Login.aspx and Join.aspx are restricted to authenticated users

SamIAm

Hi

I have the following in my web.config to specify that all my pages require
authorization:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms
loginUrl="Login.aspx"
timeout="60"
path="/">
</forms>
</authentication>

</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>

I tried to include the following to allow users access to the Join.aspx page
too:

<location path="Join.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

But the doesn't seem to work.

How do I allow make all pages restricted except the Join.aspx and Login.aspx
pages?

Thanks,

Ed Gibbs

Sam,