Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Word 2007

Re: Word 2007

TKM

"Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP Pro
> Word XP AND Word 2007
> 2 users
>
> My wife HAD TO install Office 2007 for college. I don't like it and
> want to continue using Office XP on my user account. How do I
> configure that?
> Google has been no help as I can't find the right syntax to get what I
> want.

Assuming that you have the Windows 2003 CD-ROM, just install it on your
machine when signed in to your account. MS-Office is not "Office XP" which
means it is not part of Windows XP; it's a separate software package
designed to be run under XP.

You could also install Open Office which looks and acts much like MS Office
2003. It's downloadable for free.

TKM

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

TKM wrote in
news:7zKIl.9009$(E-Mail Removed):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_XP

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will
scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will
refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he
will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is
explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell