Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Access Point Suggestion

Wireless Access Point Suggestion

=?Utf-8?B?UyBMYW5l?=

I have a Windows 2000 network. What I want to do is
install a wireless access point in the lobby of our business for customers to
use with there wireless devices. I don't want them to be able to see our
network. What is the best way to give them internet access, but not access
to our network? Hopefully there is a way to setup the access point and not
see the network. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Sooner Al [MVP]

This is one solution...

http://www.publicip.net/

Additional information...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...hilite=hotspot

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"S Lane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Windows 2000 network. What I want to do is
> install a wireless access point in the lobby of our business for customers
> use with there wireless devices. I don't want them to be able to see our
> network. What is the best way to give them internet access, but not
> access
> to our network? Hopefully there is a way to setup the access point and
> not
> see the network. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn

Jack

Hi
Depending on how your system set now, and if you do care about free users
controlled logon. It can be done very easily with Hardware that cost less
than $30.
Wireless Segregation: http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).