Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: avg doing my head in

Re: avg doing my head in

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I have avg 7.5. Apparently there will be no updates for it in the
> near future. There is a free avg 8.5 - but where the hell is it?
> AVG's website is making a real effort to avoid me finding the free
> version.

Have you looked at http://free.avg.com/ ?

It really does seem to be pretty well hidden.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Mike Easter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi, I looked there.

Do not top post - that style obscures what you are talking about. You
should first trim away every word you aren't replying to and then put your
reply under an empty line under just/only the words you are replying to.

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-ant...s-free-edition

Go to that link, follow the column of comparing the free AVG Anti-Virus
Free to the pay versions and when you are at the bottom of the free
version features, click the Download button and not any of the other
buttons.

--
Mike Easter

wrote:

> Hi, I looked there. I hope you are not having a laugh at my expense

I am.

> - you are serious when you say its well hidden?

No.

> I really cannot find the free version! Might be staring at me

It is.

> and I'm missing it.

You are.

Start at http://free.avg.com/

In the box on the left, where it says "Free basic protection", push the
"Get it now!" button, which takes you to

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-ant...s-free-edition

Scroll down to see the "Download" button. Press it, which takes you to

http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

On the left under "Get AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.5", press the
"Download Now" button, which takes you to the CNet download site.

See?

Or, you could just start at the CNet download site

http://download.cnet.com/windows/

and see "AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition" as #1 in the "Most poular
downloads."

Or something like that.

> "Bert Hyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I have avg 7.5. Apparently there will be no updates for it in the
>>> near future. There is a free avg 8.5 - but where the hell is it?
>>> AVG's website is making a real effort to avoid me finding the free
>>> version.

>> Have you looked at http://free.avg.com/ ?
>>
>> It really does seem to be pretty well hidden.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

wisdomkiller & pain

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi, I looked there. I hope you are not having a laugh at my expense -
> you are serious when you say its well hidden? I really cannot find the
> free version! Might be staring at me and I'm missing it.

Uhm. Maybe your browser was clogged with ads, popups and junk while my
firefox (with adblockplus, noscript, fed through privoxy) shows it pretty
clear:

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> "wisdomkiller & pain"

>> Uhm. Maybe your browser was clogged with ads, popups and junk while my
>> firefox (with adblockplus, noscript, fed through privoxy) shows it
>> pretty clear:
>> http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe
>>

> Thanks, this link did the job.

Thanks for the much improved trimmed and contextualized reply.

--
Mike Easter

Centre Parting

Mike Easter wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi, I looked there.

> Do not top post - that style obscures what you are talking about. You
> should first trim away every word you aren't replying to and then put
> your reply under an empty line under just/only the words you are
> replying to.

Spot the obsessive.

I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.
It's a good way of weeding out the retards who whine like spoilt brats.

When replying to multiple points, placing replies is an obvious necessity.

But when replying to a single point, the response makes it entirely obvious
what's being replied to.

There's only one thing worse than whingeing retards - and that's pinheads
who have their readers set to remove original text on reply.
Hello ?
To what and whom are you replying ?

There's more than enough of these tits around.

Aaaah !
That's better.

> http://free.avg.com/download-avg-ant...s-free-edition
>
> Go to that link, follow the column of comparing the free AVG
> Anti-Virus Free to the pay versions and when you are at the bottom of
> the free version features, click the Download button and not any of
> the other buttons.

Mike Easter

Centre Parting wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:

>> Do not top post -

> I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.

Are you seeking a discussion?

--
Mike Easter

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) "Centre Parting"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Spot the obsessive.

Would that be you?

> I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.

Good luck.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

Buffalo

Mike Easter wrote:
> Centre Parting wrote:
>> Mike Easter wrote:

>>> Do not top post -

>> I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.

> Are you seeking a discussion?

More than likely a date with you.

Buffalo

Mike Easter wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> "wisdomkiller & pain"

>>> Uhm. Maybe your browser was clogged with ads, popups and junk while
>>> my firefox (with adblockplus, noscript, fed through privoxy) shows
>>> it pretty clear:
>>> http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe
>>>

>> Thanks, this link did the job.

> Thanks for the much improved trimmed and contextualized reply.

Thanks to you Mike.