Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Is the computer frying monitors?

Is the computer frying monitors?

inspector inspector is offline
Junior Member

I have a 7 year old Dell X700 that came with an 18" flat LCD monitor. For about the last year, I have noticed that sometimes after a restart, the monitor would have a purple tint to it for a few minutes. Last week, I lost the picture in the monoitor. The only way it would work was if you turned it off and back on, you would get about a 2 second view of the desktop before it would turn it self off. The power light would go to green to blinking orange. I was going to order a new monitor from tigerdirect, but I wanted to get some memory too (I only have 512MB), so my boss let me bring home an old 15" CRT Acer monitor to use in the mean time. I know this monitor worked before I took it from the office, but now it has done the same thing. It worked for at least 30 minutes after I hooked it up to my computer. I worked online for a little while, then went to bed. The next evening, the power light was blinking orange, and I cannot get it to turn on. So I now believe it is something inside the computer. Any suggestons?

susith susith is offline
Junior Member

Option 1. check your Cable pins are damage (short circuit) both sides.
Option 2. Take your monitor to different place and check weather it is working. If so ur VGA card has problem