Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > authentication example with urllib.request

authentication example with urllib.request

larryzhang

Dear all,

I am trying to download data from a website that requires
authentication (maybe with cookies). Any suggestions on how i can do
this with the urllib.request module in py3? Where can I can find some
working examples? Thanks a lot.

Larry

Marco Bizzarri

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM, larryzhang <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to download data from a website that requires
> authentication (maybe with cookies). Any suggestions on how i can do
> this with the urllib.request module in py3? Where can I can find some
> working examples? Thanks a lot.
>
> Larry

Hi, Larry.

Did you get a look at library documentation? If you take a look at
http://docs.python.org/3.0/library/urllib.request.html, FancyURLOpener
could do the job for you... (once you subclass it, and redefine the
promp_user_password method).

Regards
Marco

--