Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Error in '/' Application.

04-22-2009
Hello All,

I am starting to get back into ASP.net for an application at work.

I am getting the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

This is the code I am using for this page

Code:
<configuration>
	<appSettings>
	</appSettings>
	<connectionStrings>
		<add name="appConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=My Server name\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=Northwind_Test_4;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
	</connectionStrings>
	<system.web>
		<globalization culture="en-GB"/>
		<httpHandlers>
			<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false" />
		</httpHandlers>
		<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
			<buildProviders>
				<add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
			</buildProviders>
		</compilation>
		<pages maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack ="true">
			<namespaces>
				<clear/>
				<add namespace="System"/>
				<add namespace="System.Collections"/>
				<add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>
				<add namespace="System.Configuration"/>
				<add namespace="System.Text"/>
				<add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>
				<add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>
			</namespaces>
		</pages>
		<authentication mode="Windows"/>
		<authorization>
			<deny users="?"/>
		</authorization>
			</system.web>
</configuration>
I have all the services turned on and I have matched the .net Framework version.

What else should I check for?

I am in a deadline on this?

Also are there any good books out there that teach this style of ASP.net programming?

Thanks for reading my post.

Kurt