Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows Xp and Vista

Windows Xp and Vista

Sally

I have a desktop with Windows XP and have just ordered a new laptop that will
have Vista. Can I network these two?

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Yes. This how to may help.
Vista Network Sharing
Vista Network Sharing. Enable Vista simple file sharing · How to
access a sharing printer in Vista ... How to check or setup Windows Vista
home network ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/networksharing.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a desktop with Windows XP and have just ordered a new laptop that
>will
> have Vista. Can I network these two?

Jack-MVP

Hi
Assuming that you have a Router. When the two computers can talk to the same
Router and use the internet you have already a Network.
In order to share resources internally over the LAN, you need to configure
each computer's sharing.
Firewall instructions.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a desktop with Windows XP and have just ordered a new laptop that
>will
> have Vista. Can I network these two?

STEVAN

Yes!You can do that with crossover network cable.
You must set both computers i same network workgroup and share some folders.
Another way is built small home network using wireless network router.
I have something like that.
Desktop,cabble internet modem,laptop with wireless network adapter and d
link Dl-524 wireless router.
Desktop is conected thrue network cable in Dl-524.Cablle internet modem is
conected thrue network cable in Dl-524 too.Laptop is conected thru wireless
adapter in Dl-524.I can conect another 3 devices with network cable ( second
desktop,network printer ect) and 10 devices with wireless network adapter.
All devices are part of my home network and all can access internet and
other devices.
It works with Windows XP,Vista,Windows 7 and linux without problems.
Dl-524 costs i my country ( serbia ) less than 50€.

Korisnik "Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> je napisao u poruci -
news:(E-Mail Removed)...