Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Best Python Web Framework ?

Best Python Web Framework ?

SKYLAB

Greetings..

First , my english is not good .

I heard that was written in python ( Youtube Programming Language :
PYTHON :S ) Correct ?

That's not correct ? Then youtube is PHP application ?

That's correct ; Which python web framework in friendfeed ? Web.py ?
Django ? web2py ?

Thanks..

Stefan Behnel

Hi,

SKYLAB wrote:
> First , my english is not good .

Note that there are many python news groups and mailing lists. There may
also be one in your native language.

Stefan

Wes James

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM, SKYLAB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greetings..
>
> First , my english is not good .
>
> I heard that was written in python ( Youtube Programming Language :
> PYTHON :S ) Correct ?
>
> That's not correct ? Then youtube is PHP application ?
>
> That's correct ; Which python web framework in friendfeed ? Web.py ?
> Django ? web2py ?

You'll need to do some homework to see what fits.

Here's a starter point:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

Try some or all.

I used perl for a long time, went looking for a framework, tried
django for a few days then found web2py and web2py fits for me.

good luck

-wj

SKYLAB

Thanks all post.

my english is not good . But techincal english very good. Anyway , i
understand english documents. That's not problem.

laplacian42@gmail.com

On Apr 21, 2:46*pm, SKYLAB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greetings..
>
> First , my english is not good .
>
> I heard that was written in python ( Youtube Programming Language :
> PYTHON :S ) Correct ?
>
> That's not correct ? Then youtube is PHP application ?
>
> That's correct ; Which python web framework in friendfeed ? Web.py ?
> Django ? web2py ?
>
> Thanks..

There may not be a "best" web framework -- only one that is best for
you and what you need to do with it.

If you want a large and feature-rich framework, try django.

If you want something smaller and simpler, maybe try Karrigell. Also,
Werkzeug http://werkzeug.pocoo.org/ seems actively developed and well-
documented.

Dunno what youtube or friendfeed use. Google might tell you.

Enjoy experimenting.

SKYLAB

On 21 Nisan, 23:56, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2:46*pm, SKYLAB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Greetings..

> > First , my english is not good .

> > I heard that was written in python ( Youtube Programming Language :
> > PYTHON :S ) Correct ?

> > That's not correct ? Then youtube is PHP application ?

> > That's correct ; Which python web framework in friendfeed ? Web.py ?
> > Django ? web2py ?

> > Thanks..

> There may not be a "best" web framework -- only one that is best for
> you and what you need to do with it.
>
> If you want a large and feature-rich framework, try django.
>
> If you want something smaller and simpler, maybe try Karrigell. Also,
> Werkzeughttp://werkzeug.pocoo.org/seems actively developed and well-
> documented.
>
> Dunno what youtube or friendfeed use. Google might tell you.
>
> Enjoy experimenting.

Thanks. Django 4EVER

Luis Gonzalez

On Apr 21, 11:46*am, SKYLAB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greetings..
>
> First , my english is not good .
>
> I heard that was written in python ( Youtube Programming Language :
> PYTHON :S ) Correct ?
>
> That's not correct ? Then youtube is PHP application ?
>
> That's correct ; Which python web framework in friendfeed ? Web.py ?
> Django ? web2py ?
>
> Thanks..

FriendFeed has an in-house framework inspired by web.py and
Appengine's webapp. It was written by Bret Taylor, who was the PM of
appengine when it started, but is now working for FriendFeed.
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=523544