Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Installing OEM XP

Re: Installing OEM XP

Southern Kiwi

Bill Roberts wrote:
> I have a 4 year old PC originally installed with XP.
>
> I purchased and installed a Vista Premium upgrade
> as my laptop also had Vista installed.
>
> I now have a netbook on XP and want to reinstall XP into
> my PC.
>
> When I install the OEM Recovery disc with XP home edition
> on it, it tells me there is a later windows programe installed.
>
> Can someone tell me if or how I can downgrade to XP from
> Vista with the original Recovery disc. I have the Key numbers for the
> original installation of XP.
>
> Help would be appreciated.

Going from Vista to XP is considered an UPgrade around here

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gsjsso$qjh$(E-Mail Removed)>, Southern Kiwi wrote:

> Going from Vista to XP is considered an UPgrade around here

That's the kind of Windows-bashing trolling we can do with less of around
here.

Southern Kiwi

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <gsjsso$qjh$(E-Mail Removed)>, Southern Kiwi wrote:
>
>> Going from Vista to XP is considered an UPgrade around here

> That's the kind of Windows-bashing trolling we can do with less of around
> here.

sheesh!, Are you for real?????

They are both Windows products and I use both of them extensively.

ps a hint for you usually denotes someone is kidding.

Install XP Pro 32bit OEM on XP Pro 64bit OEM, and dual boot =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?= Windows 64bit 8 10-04-2005 03:57 PM
Request for a downgrade from x64 OEM license to 32-bit OEM license =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IFdvbmcg6buD5rOT6YeP?= Windows 64bit 58 09-22-2005 11:33 PM
OEM a_Conan VHDL 2 09-02-2005 11:58 AM
Buying OEM software - Windows XP Home Edition =?Utf-8?B?UkE=?= Microsoft Certification 3 01-11-2005 05:39 AM
Problem installing Windows XP Home OEM Bill Dobbs Computer Support 2 08-17-2004 01:01 AM

Advertisments