Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CISCO-RTTMON-MIB

CISCO-RTTMON-MIB

sydneypuente@yahoo.com

Hello Guys,
I am trying to load the above MIB so as to enable a MIB browser to get
for example rttMonEchoAdminTargetAddress.
Currently the browser can see some branches under 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9 so
I am shooting for 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42 to be visible.
I am trying to follow the instructions here:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/...SCO-RTTMON-MIB

And I am not having a lot of success.
I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
directory so far.
When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".
This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

Also in the URL http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/...SCO-RTTMON-MIB
there are two columns , Version 1 Version 2

Does that mean for example that SNMPv2-TC-v1 comes in two different
versions?
Also there is Active link "This is the SMI version 2 of the MIB. Click
here to see the SMI version 1", probably this would help me if I
understood it.

If you can help, _please_ help!

TIA

Syd

alexd

> And I am not having a lot of success.
> I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
> directory so far.

That's an IETF MIB so I would have thought it would be installed by default.

> When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".

What software are you using? Have you been able to add other Cisco MIBs
without problems? That MIB seems to work for me [have been using it to
monitor latency between a customers sites across their MPLS with no
problems].

> This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
> CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
> But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
> Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

Backup early and backup often, and the world is your oyster.

20:43:45 up 136 days, 21:54, 3 users, load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.07
My god, said I, with my one liquid eye, am I dreaming, or am I insane?

sydneypuente@yahoo.com

On 20 Apr, 20:49, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > And I am not having a lot of success.
> > I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
> > directory so far.

> That's an IETF MIB so I would have thought it would be installed by default.

Nope not there..

> > When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".

> What software are you using?

Home grown I think
Have you been able to add other Cisco MIBs
> without problems?

Yup
>That MIB seems to work for me [have been using it to
> monitor latency between a customers sites across their MPLS with no
> problems].

Pretty much what I am supposed to be doing!
Do you know if you are using V1 or V2 as in mentioned here?
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/...SCO-RTTMON-MIB
or where you are picking up your ciscoPibToMib definition?

> > This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
> > CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
> > But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
> > Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

> Backup early and backup often, and the world is your oyster.

Good point - I am concerned about breaking something that is not
obvious tho...

On 20 Apr, 21:12, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On 20 Apr, 20:49, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > > And I am not having a lot of success.
> > > I know that I need to add P-BRIDGE-MIB.mib cos that is not in the mibs
> > > directory so far.

> > That's an IETF MIB so I would have thought it would be installed by default.

> Nope not there..
>
> > > When I add it I get a "ciscoPibToMib unresolved".

> > What software are you using?

> Home grown I think
> Have you been able to add other Cisco MIBs> without problems?
> Yup
> >That MIB seems to work for me [have been using it to
> > monitor latency between a customers sites across their MPLS with no
> > problems].

> Pretty much what I am supposed to be doing!
> Do you know if you are using V1 or V2 as in mentioned here?http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/...al=en&step=2&m...
> or where you are picking up your ciscoPibToMib definition?
>
> > > This should be defined in CISCO-SMI I think and actually it is in a
> > > CISCO-SMI mib I found on the Internet.
> > > But not in the CISCO-SMI currently on the system [sigh].
> > > Should I replace the existing CISCO-SMI mib with the "new version"?

> > Backup early and backup often, and the world is your oyster.

> Good point - I am concerned about breaking something that is not
> obvious tho...
>

> > --
> > *<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
> > *20:43:45 up 136 days, 21:54, *3 users, *load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.07
> > *My god, said I, with my one liquid eye, am I dreaming, or am I insane?

thanks for hints - it works now.