Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Two e-mail accounts

Two e-mail accounts

chuckcar

"Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:gse1om$gip$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail
> at the same time using each one separately

Yes. Hotmail (or as they now call it "Windows live hotmail" - whatever
that's supposed to mean) doesn't do pop or smtp however, you have to go
to their website. Which automatically directs you to sympatico.com when
you log out too BTW. Annoying.

If you want a second email to use with OE, however, gmail (google mail)
does work with it. As does fastmail. Hotmail is just about the worst
webmail out there IMHO.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Andy Petro

Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail at
the same time using each one separately

Dan C

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:20:04 -0400, Andy Petro wrote:

> Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail
> at the same time using each one separately

Yes.

Duh.

Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

Evan Platt

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail at
>the same time using each one separately

Yes.

You can have as many separate accounts as you want.

bardeban

You can have yahoo and gmail too, you must know how to create it though.
With sympatico alone, you can have 10 email account.

"Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gse1om$gip$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail at
> the same time using each one separately

Evan Platt

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 01:45:36 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Yes. Hotmail (or as they now call it "Windows live hotmail" - whatever
>that's supposed to mean)

Uhhh it was bought my Microsoft, and.. oh hell, I can't teach the
stupid.

>doesn't do pop or smtp however,

POP is available via clients or via Hotmail Plus. And as for SMTP -
you use your ISP's SMTP server.

>Which automatically directs you to sympatico.com when
>you log out too BTW. Annoying.

Uhh no, it doesn't.

>If you want a second email to use with OE, however, gmail (google mail)
>does work with it. As does fastmail. Hotmail is just about the worst
>webmail out there IMHO.

How have you managed to stay alive all these years operating on half a
brain cell?

Marshall Tucker

"Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gse1om$gip$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail at
> the same time using each one separately

How horribly selfish. You are not entitled to have two email accounts until
everyone, including the poor Bangladeshis and the inner city down-trodden
and oppressed minorities have one account.

Shame on you. Your name just moved to the top of Barack's Spread The Wealth
Around list...

No Alternative

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:20:04 -0400, Andy Petro wrote:

> Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail
> at the same time using each one separately

Is this a general question or are you referring to a specific email
program like outlook, thunderbird, eudora etc....

chuckcar

Martin Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> It has been working for me for a few months.

Ok, thanks. I guess they *had* to do it. Just tried with OE and get no
response. Did a telnet to the pop. Instantaneous connection promptly lost.
Did a telnet to the smtp. No connection. Ports and servers are as above.
Password and email correct. My ISP won't *let* me do a ping or a tracert
anymore for some sure to stupid reason. My gmail worked fine.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Martin Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Yes. Hotmail (or as they now call it "Windows live hotmail" - whatever
>>that's supposed to mean) doesn't do pop or smtp...

>According to this blog entry Hotmail has offered POP3 and SMTP access
>to all its customers for about a month
><http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!32413.entry?sa=187194869>:

From that link
http://www.istudioweb.com/hotmail-aw...tp-2009-04-14/

This is a good thing, it takes me many moons to finally get to my
email with Hotmail. - I use hotmail to register on web sites.

I'm going to have to start using Agent 3 for the SSL required for the
POP3 - I hate OE which I've been using for Gmail pop3.

--

Reenacted Vintage Photos
http://imgur.com/17Kz.jpg