Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > browser.cache.disk.enable=false?

browser.cache.disk.enable=false?

John Doe

Does that (browser.cache.disk.enable=false) completely turn off caching
so that everything must be downloaded with every visit to a page?
Thanks.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

John Doe wrote:
> Does that (browser.cache.disk.enable=false) completely turn off caching
> so that everything must be downloaded with every visit to a page?
> Thanks.

sort of. You also need the following:

browser.cache.check_doc_frequency = 2
browser.cache.disk.capacity = 0

browser.cache.disk.enable = false, this tells the
program to use the disk for the cache

but all this still leaves using the RAM for cache. So,
to turn those off you need:

browser.cache.memory.capacity = 0
browser.cache.memory.enable = false

so now everything is turned off