Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help

Re: Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help

攸hw不f

Ben C> spilled the beans:
> I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
> installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
> Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
> I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
> Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
> which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
> rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
> I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
> was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
> " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
> multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
> icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
> saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
> saying I noticed it then.
> I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
> backup.
> I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
> 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
> source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
> the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
> the error messages.
> This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
> installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
> spaces.
> Any suggestions??
> -Jaze

Yeah...try your question in a NG with peeps that build systems on a
regular basis like...
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I used to read that NG a lot when I was building computers...very
knowledgable peeps there.

HTH

--
http://www.eyeonpalin.org

_..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
: `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
: .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
: .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
: .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
:. .::' ::: : `: .:::
`: .:: : : .::'
: .:: . :. .::
: ::' `: .::.
.\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
:.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
: `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
. :' .::. .: .:: :
: :' ::: :' .:: .
: `:: : .::
:' .::. .: .:::
: .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
: .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
: .::: ::: ::: .:::
: .::: ::: ::: .:::
`._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _
Seal _
~~~ :: :: ~~~

Aratzio

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:15:25 -0600, in the land of
24hoursupport.helpdesk, 攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> got double
secret probation for writing:

>Ben C> spilled the beans:
>> I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
>> installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
>> Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
>> I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
>> Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
>> which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
>> rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
>> I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
>> was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
>> " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
>> multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
>> icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
>> saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
>> saying I noticed it then.
>> I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
>> backup.
>> I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
>> 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
>> source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
>> the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
>> the error messages.
>> This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
>> installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
>> spaces.
>> Any suggestions??
>> -Jaze
>>

>Yeah...try your question in a NG with peeps that build systems on a
>regular basis like...
>alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>
>I used to read that NG a lot when I was building computers...very
>knowledgable peeps there.
>
>HTH

Like you could tell the difference.

攸hw不f

Aratzio spilled the beans:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:15:25 -0600, in the land of
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk, 攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> got double
> secret probation for writing:
>
>> Ben C> spilled the beans:
>>> I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
>>> installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
>>> Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
>>> I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
>>> Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
>>> which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
>>> rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
>>> I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
>>> was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
>>> " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
>>> multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
>>> icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
>>> saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
>>> saying I noticed it then.
>>> I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
>>> backup.
>>> I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
>>> 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
>>> source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
>>> the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
>>> the error messages.
>>> This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
>>> installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
>>> spaces.
>>> Any suggestions??
>>> -Jaze
>>>

>> Yeah...try your question in a NG with peeps that build systems on a
>> regular basis like...
>> alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>>
>> I used to read that NG a lot when I was building computers...very
>> knowledgable peeps there.
>>
>> HTH

> Like you could tell the difference.

Your what hurts?

--
http://www.eyeonpalin.org

_..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
: `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
: .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
: .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
: .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::