Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: SMSlisto screwy

Re: SMSlisto screwy

John

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with SMSlito or other Betamax clones today?
> I am dialling numbers but getting no dial tone ano sound etc although
> the calls are registering on the account and being charged.
> If I call numbers which I route through voipfone.co.uk there is no
> problem (home number and 0800 numbers)
>
> Was playing up a bit yesterday with long delays on dialing.
>
> Cheers
> Pete

It still wasn't working for me this morning so I dug deeper.

In my case it appears that the problem was with the G.722 audio codec
used on Siemens gigaset s685ip and a580ip. I changed to codec "G.722 a
law" and it now appears to work.

Prior to this the G.722 had been working fine for 6 months.

Gordon Henderson

In article <gshese$o1v$(E-Mail Removed)>,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>John wrote:
>
>> In my case it appears that the problem was with the G.722 audio codec
>> used on Siemens gigaset s685ip and a580ip. I changed to codec "G.722 a
>> law" and it now appears to work.
>>
>> Prior to this the G.722 had been working fine for 6 months.

>Thanks John.
>You've saved me.
>Wasn't working again this morning so I went to gigaset and chose
>"manual" codec and shifted G722 down the stack by one and G711a law to
>the top of the SMSListo codec pile and we're back in action.
>Thankyou most kindly.

Not sure why you're bothering with G722 as calls that terminate to the
PSTN will be no better than G711 anyway (mobiles worse - GSM)

However a negotiation should take place - you have a list of avalable
codecs and a prefered order - as will the device you're talking to,
so between then, they ought to be able to sort it out...

But maybe it's just the default in these devices...

Gordon

Re: SMSlisto screwy John UK VOIP 2 04-17-2009 10:55 AM
Re: SMSlisto screwy Graham. UK VOIP 0 04-16-2009 05:48 PM
mail screwy Mr.Extreme Computer Support 2 01-07-2005 08:06 PM
Help with Screwy DVD Problem. - Screwy.jpg (0/1) John H. Guillory Computer Support 14 07-27-2004 06:31 AM
Datagrid Edit events all screwy... nfedin ASP .Net 0 12-03-2003 02:10 PM

Advertisments