Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > "Black silicon" skeptics abound...

"Black silicon" skeptics abound...

RichA

See Photonics-Spectra magazine letters section for Apr. Seems that
the Harvard team is "reluctant" to publish any solid figures on the
product's sensitivity and that the articles about it have all be "puff
pieces," perhaps fit for business magazines hawking stocks but not
scientific journals.

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>See Photonics-Spectra magazine letters section for Apr. Seems that
>the Harvard team is "reluctant" to publish any solid figures on the
>product's sensitivity and that the articles about it have all be "puff
>pieces," perhaps fit for business magazines hawking stocks but not
>scientific journals.

Cold fusion will be next. Until Focus finds a "bug" in it.

Bruce

"Matt Clara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>See Photonics-Spectra magazine letters section for Apr. Seems that
>>>the Harvard team is "reluctant" to publish any solid figures on the
>>>product's sensitivity and that the articles about it have all be "puff
>>>pieces," perhaps fit for business magazines hawking stocks but not
>>>scientific journals.

>> Cold fusion will be next. Until Focus finds a "bug" in it.
>>

>Bit of a bully, Bruce? Just because he's an annoying little man doesn't
>mean it's ok to incessantly pick at him. Why not exercise your kill filter
>instead? It's not because you're having too much fun picking on him, is it,
>Bruce?

That offers quite a useful insight into why *you* pick on people, Matt.

Pete D

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Matt Clara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Cold fusion will be next. Until Focus finds a "bug" in it.
>>>

>>Bit of a bully, Bruce? Just because he's an annoying little man doesn't
>>mean it's ok to incessantly pick at him. Why not exercise your kill
>>filter
>>instead? It's not because you're having too much fun picking on him, is
>>it,
>>Bruce?

> That offers quite a useful insight into why *you* pick on people, Matt.

I can hear the music......................
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's the
Matt and Bruce Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!

GregS

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>See Photonics-Spectra magazine letters section for Apr. Seems that
>the Harvard team is "reluctant" to publish any solid figures on the
>product's sensitivity and that the articles about it have all be "puff
>pieces," perhaps fit for business magazines hawking stocks but not
>scientific journals.

SiOnyx had some inspiring offering. I hope it works out.
Hee is what he told me.

Our measured performance today (with very crude prototypes) routinely performs like what we describe on our webpage. There is
tremendous skepticism about our technology and that is OK. What I can tell you is that we have validated our performance via
independent measurements in NIST traceable Government and commercial labs.

greg

Get lost

On Apr 20, 10:02*am, (E-Mail Removed) (GregS) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >See Photonics-Spectra magazine letters section for Apr. *Seems that
> >the Harvard team is "reluctant" to publish any solid figures on the
> >product's sensitivity and that the articles about it have all be "puff
> >pieces," perhaps fit for business magazines hawking stocks but not
> >scientific journals.

> SiOnyx had some inspiring offering. I hope it works out.
> Hee is what he told me.
>
> Our measured performance today (with very crude prototypes) routinely performs like what we describe on our webpage. *There is
> tremendous skepticism about our technology and that is OK. *What I can tell you is that we have validated our performance via
> independent measurements in NIST traceable Government and commercial labs..
>
> greg

They've got some kind of patent protection (though whether or not what
they are doing is new is also debatable) so why not publish actual
figures? Afraid their IPO might not be so rosy if the stuff doesn't
match the hype?