Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Footer CustomValidator

Footer CustomValidator

Jim Heavey

Hello, I have added a "CustomValidator" control in in code to a control
which is already on the footer. I am running the validation for the
control at the server.

My problem is that when the event fires, the "sender" being passed is the
the "CustomValidator" control, and in order to validate the information, I
really need access to the control that it is validating. The control it is
validating is a DropDownList control and I want to ensure that the selected
index is not -1. How to I access the controls of the footer in the event
which is being fired by the CustomValidator at the server?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!